Goose Gear JKU Plate System question

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Hey everyone!

After finishing my New Mexico/ Arizona expedition, I am really interested in the Goose Gear plate system for my Jeep so I can mount a fridge slide and possibly do a 60 seat delete to sleep in the Jeep.

My question is regarding the subwoofer. I have the Alpine 9 speaker system with subwoofer in my Jeep and I think it sounds pretty good. I am worried that if I delete my subwoofer to install the plate system that the sound is going to sound like *******.

Has anyone gone with the sub delete for the plate system? Does the sound seem ok? I was talking with the guys at the Goose Gear booth at Expo and they recomended that if I wanted to keep the sub I get one installed underneath the passenger seat. Anyone done this?

Thanks everyone!

ratled

Adventurer
Have you seen this? Half the weight and a quarter of the cost. Not the exact same but worthy of consideration. I am working on my own version of this

ratled

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Have you seen this? Half the weight and a quarter of the cost. Not the exact same but worthy of consideration. I am working on my own version of this

ratled

I have thought about building my own system but honestly I don't have any of the tools for it and being a college student, I don't have the access to a garage that would make this kind of work possible.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I ditched my sub in about week 4 of ownership on my 2014 JKU. I think I only have 6 or maybe 8 speakers now. I'm not an audio guy, but I can tell you it didn't really seem to make any difference in the sound of my radio, discs, or MP3 files.

If you are into hip-hop or something like that, bass may be more important to you.

The sub is just a real estate hog IMHO.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
you can always unplug it for a few days and see what you think. Free and easy.

That's the plan. Going to try to disconect the sub tomorrow and see how I like it unpluged for a few days. If it isn't bad, I'll probably move ahead with the Plate System in around a month or two.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
That's the plan. Going to try to disconect the sub tomorrow and see how I like it unpluged for a few days. If it isn't bad, I'll probably move ahead with the Plate System in around a month or two.

before you start unbolting and prying the trim, pull the carpet away from the wall. I can't remember where the plug is, but I seem to remember that the carpet comes out easy with no tools and can be stuffed back under the hard parts without a lot of drama. the plug connector might be under the carpet not the plastic. someone else might know more. it has been years since I did this

etherbunny

I did exactly that: had a new sub box built for under the passenger seat and then installed the Goose gear platform system and boxes. The sound is better, but I also upgraded the rest of the speakers at the same time, so it's hard to attribute the improved sound to one or the other. I do love the goose platform and boxes though; very convenient.

cmxterra

Observer
Hopefully soon I will have first hand knowledge of the Goose Gear system. Waiting.

I ordered the plate that allows for the factory sub to stay in place. And from what I can see the effect should be minimal to it working.

Communication on their part is lacking at best. They must be using the GOBI model of not returning calls or emails. I'm sure the product is great but their up front customer service has much to be desired. I can understand not returning a call or email in an hour or so.. but waiting 3 and 4 days to get a response to email in this day and age is just unprofessional.

Perhaps I am just getting old and grumpy.. but paying what you pay for those things I would expect a bit more attentiveness.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I have the 9 speaker Alpine in my '15 JKU and originally i built my own "plate" before Goose Gear was on my radar. It worked well and honestly looked okay but without the proper venting and support structure underneath, the sub woofer rattled and was useless. Fast forward to early 2016 and I was the first guy to pull the trigger on Goose Gears plate system and slide for the JKU. Why? Because it works flawlessly and is beyond what I could or would design myself and I can leave my non-CNC jig saw under a layer of dust in the cabinet. :)

GtC1soZ.jpg

I still have / use my Goose Gear system daily in my JKU and since became a dealer selling and installing them. We have sold 40+ units without issues and truly have nothing negative to say about the product.
eRBkxxU.jpg

s.e.charles

I watched a youtube video today about a fellow that ordered the 60% seat platform but in natural wood. he, by his own admission, wasn't able to lay down a good clear coat of finish, but I did think it made the interior look a little brighter over the rough/ black finish (undercoating?).

anyway, is there a large per cent of orders shunning the black coat, and if so, is there an alternative other than "bare" wood? thanks

rubicon91

Explorer
Hopefully soon I will have first hand knowledge of the Goose Gear system. Waiting.

I ordered the plate that allows for the factory sub to stay in place. And from what I can see the effect should be minimal to it working.

Communication on their part is lacking at best. They must be using the GOBI model of not returning calls or emails. I'm sure the product is great but their up front customer service has much to be desired. I can understand not returning a call or email in an hour or so.. but waiting 3 and 4 days to get a response to email in this day and age is just unprofessional.

Perhaps I am just getting old and grumpy.. but paying what you pay for those things I would expect a bit more attentiveness.

They set up a dealer network who is very knowledgeable did you talk to them at all? I dont even think you can order from goosegear anymore. OK4WD would be where I would start with a phone call. I think that is why they set up the network also as they are constantly working on projects. And yes I do know it takes them a little bit to answer an email.

cmxterra

Observer
I did order through OK4WD but they told me just to be happy when all of a sudden your order shows up at your door with no notice. Kind of shocked me considering the value of the product when they told me that.

That said I was contacted by Goose Gear late last night with a follow up call this morning. So looking forward to getting the product in my hands.

rubicon91

Explorer
I did order through OK4WD but they told me just to be happy when all of a sudden your order shows up at your door with no notice. Kind of shocked me considering the value of the product when they told me that.

That said I was contacted by Goose Gear late last night with a follow up call this morning. So looking forward to getting the product in my hands.

4 posts up is Rin from OK4WD. I would definitely let him know about that response. I have had nothing but great service from OK4WD but I did not buy any goose gear items from them yet.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD

Someone here told you that? Please email me if that is the case and I will be sure that does not happen again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles