I am a hunter, yet I do not like to kill animals

Dalko43

Explorer
Good Grief. I think you answered most of your own questions.

I don't think you've fully analyzed your position on this matter. You started off by deriding this guy for "poking" a bear with a spear that had a gopro on it.

Your latest post is stating that he has no obligation to hide or edit footage of his legal hunts.

The guy is doing his own thing (within the confines of the law). Don't like it? Then don't watch it....the world would be so much nicer if people adopted that mentality.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Someday you'll be able to spot the difference between a person that advocates for increased regulation to prevent things versus a person that thinks others should be able to keep doing what they're doing while retaining the right to call them an idiot if they publicize it.

mezmochill

Is outside
Let's make sure we hang onto some honesty for the discussion. Strapping a go pro to your spear, and poking a bear with it is a little suspect in the "traditional method" class of hunting.

Also, that idiot - who admittedly did the right thing and waited overnight rather than following up in the dark for a wounded critter - showed ZERO humility or respect for the life of the animal that bled to death overnight and was far more interested in his "footage" and the sweet Facef&$% pics he had gotten. A little respect and class goes a long way.

Who cares what the Anti-crowd thinks, they will ALWAYS hate it. But that spear dude you refer to - while totally legal - was a tool and we should regard him as such. He was Mezmochill's troll effort personified.

I support hunting of birds, deer elk and such just not apex predators.

I also support joking around and humor.

A joke + mild opposition does not equate to trolling.

Its called light hearted disagreement.

MOguy

Explorer
I hunt and fish, I do not trophy hunt and fish, I do it because that’s how I was raised and I enjoy getting food from nature. I got friends that trophy hunt or go for coyotes, I’m not into that, if I kill it, I eat it.

Trophy hunting can be part of a good conservation plan if your goal is to increase numbers. Your Trophy animals will be you larger animals often older and are not able to breed as often as younger animals. Older larger non breeding animals suck up resources and the larger males can fight off younger more potent males and this can lead to a decrease in the population.

Removing larger, older, less potent animals can be a very very good way to help increase the population.

You can still eat "trophy" animals.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
^^^^^

In fact, many hunters will report that in addition to the satisfaction resulting from successfully hunting a hard earned “trophy”; the table fare quality of an animal increases significantly if the hunter has chosen to put in the time, energy and effort to pursue and kill an exceptionally large and mature example of the species.

Dalko43

Explorer
^^^^^

In fact, many hunters will report that in addition to the satisfaction resulting from successfully hunting a hard earned “trophy”; the table fare quality of an animal increases significantly if the hunter has chosen to put in the time, energy and effort to pursue and kill an exceptionally large and mature example of the species.

I think you and I have more in common than either of us care to admit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles