FOUND Vans For Sale!

86scotty

Cynic
I don't think that's a lot of miles for a 5.4, plus guvment maintained so it's probably fine. Shame it doesn't have power anything and wasn't taken care of better (missing switches, knobs, etc.). Just remember, it's a long reach over to that passenger door to roll down the window or lock/unlock it. That's a deal breaker for me.

86scotty

Cynic
I know, not a van, just trying to get the word out. At 26' this could be a realistic 4wd conversion for someone who wants an extra large, extra nice adventure vehicle. Also, I'm just a couple hours from Ujoint! He could make it pretty amazing. I could deliver it. I've done just about every other possible upgrade.

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/rvs/d/2005-itasca-cambria-26-class/6606426403.html

2005 Itasca Cambria
condition: excellent
cylinders: 10 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 51409
paint color: silver
size / dimensions: 26'
title status: lien
transmission: automatic
2005 Ford E-450 chassis
V-10 with 5 speed (Torqshift) transmission
lifted rear with upgraded suspension
Full body paint!
Lots of solar (360 watts on two battery banks)
Fiberglass roof
BRAND NEW tires (7, 6 plus spare) and color matched wheels
Bike and moto rack optional (holds scooter or small street bike and 4 bicycles)
L-track on roof for securing extra cargo
Sleeps 4-5 comfortably
Ultraleather front seats
Big U-shaped dinette for family meals and games
Full awning with weather cover
Electric step
Keyless entry on all doors (side entry included)
Outdoor entertainment system
Outdoor drawer/slide storage
2 Fantastic vents inside
Separate shower/bathroom from vanity/dressing area
Upgraded Toshiba TV/DVD player
Huge 12v only refrigerator, runs on solar, uses no propane
Convection style microwave
3 burner cooktop
Very nice cabinetry, best I've ever had in a motorhome
Day/night shades throughout
Ducted heat and AC
Many added power points and USB charging plugs throughout
4 walkie talkies
Factory inverter for running TV on the road
passenger seat swivels around for more of a 'family room' feel
Extra chair inside side door has been removed and stored. It is available and like new.
All interior lighting has been switched to LED, very low power draw
Powered and heated mirrors
Battery connect switch for combining batteries if starter battery runs low
Outdoor table hangs from side of RV
Sound system includes theater surround sound (many speakers plus subwoofer) and can be played from stereo or through TV
Onan generator with low hours (I'll have to check how many)
Very large tanks, we've never run out of water
Outdoor shower
Fully contained outdoor plumbing area (not hanging under unit)
Cartridge style water heater under sink

This is a very well kept and clean RV. We have taken many long trips in it but aren't able to use it much these days.
Absolutely no rust or mechanical issues. We took it all the way to Oympia Washington last summer and if I had time I would be comfortable doing so today! It is dirty (mostly pollen) in the pictures and has not been cleaned out yet. We keep it mostly ready for a trip except food.

In the last year rear suspension, tires and wheels, rear rack, solar and several interior upgrades have been done. The tires probably have 5k on them. Also, new intake and custom tuner, new spark plugs, filters and most fluids.

Ford 6.8l V10 with 5 speed tranny gets excellent mileage for an RV, 11 MPG at 65-70 mph
Drives like a sedan, very peppy and not at all underpowered. I have also towed a car with this motorhome and it gets about 1 mpg less, does not struggle at all towing. Try that with one of the new Euro RVs!

10.5' tall
26' long, only 4' longer than an extended van. Easy to drive and park! My wife is comfortable driving it as well.
All books, manuals and records
NEVER smoked in, no pets, odors or stains. Carpet and upholstery are in perfect condition

Come see it on a weekend in Maryville, I travel during the week.
I have a lein on it so title is not immediately available but I'm easy to work with.
No trades

Matching Yamaha Zuma scooter available also if it doesn't sell first.

The only bad I can think of is a few cracks in the paint on the rear cap and some scratches down low on the sides from brushing up against bushes on gravel roads.

Thanks for looking
Any other pics or info available upon request

Sheep Shagger

Adventurer
Just found this nearby, and I'm going to look at it tomorrow. What do y'all think? It has a LOT of miles on it for a 2012 5.4, which scares me, and the inside will need some updating, which I plan on doing no matter what. Does anyone have an autocheck or carfax account that could run the VIN for me? This looks like kind of a crappy auto lot.
https://www.dfwcarsandtrucks.net/in...MMERCIAL-VAN-ARLINGTON-TX#c-additional-photos

Car fax won’t do you much good with government vehicles, also that passenger door / front fender looks like it’s hiding something more serious behind, make sure you look at that area well.

goin camping

Explorer
Just found this nearby, and I'm going to look at it tomorrow. What do y'all think? It has a LOT of miles on it for a 2012 5.4, which scares me, and the inside will need some updating, which I plan on doing no matter what. Does anyone have an autocheck or carfax account that could run the VIN for me? This looks like kind of a crappy auto lot.
https://www.dfwcarsandtrucks.net/in...MMERCIAL-VAN-ARLINGTON-TX#c-additional-photos

You probably should not listen to me but...

I'd be on that like flies on poo. Think about it. And all this is based on there being no rust.

Already has 4X4 installed. New tires. Slight body damage on front passenger. Swank back ceiling with air and light. Back and side windows open.

If the engine or trans needs replacing. It is still less cost than the 4x4 conversion. You can build whatever you want and end up with van that is worth more than what you put into it.

dleeallen

Adventurer

I'd be on that like flies on poo. Think about it. And all this is based on there being no rust.

I'd want a better look at it than those pictures. No guarantee it's from Texas. Look at the hitch and lower front suspension arms. That's more rust than I would expect from TX. Might be good but be careful.

I bought a government Chevy and it's mostly ok but it's no creampuff. Bent driveshaft, undisclosed accident. You never know what they were used for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deshet

Adventurer

Power Windows and Doors locks can be added for pretty cheap.
The 2012 5.4 is a very reliable engine. The miles are probably all highway
You should be able to get a low mile used engine for $2500 installed worse case and rebuilt transmission for under $2,500.
The little bit of rust can be killed with Ospho, painted, and undercoated. (POR15 is good too)
Based on the price you will be far ahead of what most people have into a 4x4 Van and you will have a fairly new model.
My quotes to convert my 2000 7.3 conversion were more then your purchase price for this one.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

eporter

Adventurer
Woah that’s a nice interior build. Big E450, what’s the GVWR on those? Does it include the O2 compartment filled with wood?
54193cf6f2c3835f2690736e6637dce8.jpg

jason77

Adventurer
I don't think that's a lot of miles for a 5.4, plus guvment maintained so it's probably fine. Shame it doesn't have power anything and wasn't taken care of better (missing switches, knobs, etc.). Just remember, it's a long reach over to that passenger door to roll down the window or lock/unlock it. That's a deal breaker for me.
Jason77, to know what I /we think about that van... what is your intended use for it?

Part-time catering van for my BBQ joint, part-time family adventure wagon. Handily, things like fridges, storage systems, etc. are all write-offs because they're necessary for catering. They also just happen to be useful in the family adventuring realm. And a wrap would be a handy way to advertise and make for stealth camping.

Car fax won’t do you much good with government vehicles, also that passenger door / front fender looks like it’s hiding something more serious behind, make sure you look at that area well.

A few pops when opening the door. It looks like they hit something on the undercarriage on that side, as the rear side door skin is popped loose at the bottom, too. just popped the spot-welds.

Already has 4X4 installed. New tires. Slight body damage on front passenger. Swank back ceiling with air and light. Back and side windows open.

If the engine or trans needs replacing. It is still less cost than the 4x4 conversion. You can build whatever you want and end up with van that is worth more than what you put into it.
I'd want a better look at it than those pictures. No guarantee it's from Texas. Look at the hitch and lower front suspension arms. That's more rust than I would expect from TX. Might be good but be careful.

I bought a government Chevy and it's mostly ok but it's no creampuff. Bent driveshaft, undisclosed accident. You never know what they were used for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

definitely from TX, just spent a little time up in North Dakota, Ohio, and New Mexico, according to the service history. One oil change in each place.

Government Vehicle = 1 owner MANY DRIVER'S!

true

Power Windows and Doors locks can be added for pretty cheap.
The 2012 5.4 is a very reliable engine. The miles are probably all highway
You should be able to get a low mile used engine for $2500 installed worse case and rebuilt transmission for under $2,500.
The little bit of rust can be killed with Ospho, painted, and undercoated. (POR15 is good too)
Based on the price you will be far ahead of what most people have into a 4x4 Van and you will have a fairly new model.
My quotes to convert my 2000 7.3 conversion were more then your purchase price for this one.
Good Luck.

Okay, so I went and looked at it Sunday afternoon after attending a family function in Fort Worth. I'm thinking it wasn't a government vehicle, but an oilfield personnel transporter. Apparently it spent its life in Odessa, TX, with a stint in North Dakota, Ohio, and New Mexio.

The rust you see is mostly surface rust from that fine West Texas dirt and mud getting slung up on it like a sandblaster driving on oilfield roads. I didn't see any cancer starting anywhere, so that should be easily remedied with some Ospho or POR15 and Rhino Lining on the rockers.

There are a TON of parts like air vent pieces and small trim missing from the interior (not a deal-breaker necessarily, but shows it wasn't properly cared for), and it's missing the front driveshaft. The undercarriage has lots of fine mud caked on the exhaust and all the hot bits, and it looks like all surface stuff that can be easily addressed. Still not sure, the missing front driveshaft has me shook. I was thinking about trading off my '99 CCSB 7.3 Superduty on this, but now I'm a little leery of it. I texted the guy this morning and he said he has the driveshaft, but didn't elaborate on why it isn't on the vehicle.

Last edited:

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
00T0T_cnjaRqohT9K_600x450.jpg

This has been a working van its whole life, but would make for a perfect off-road van needed for some camping, some adventures, or even just around town for some work. Looking to find it a home, here are some facts.

- Ford E-350
- 4X4
- 320,472 Miles
- 7.3 Powerstroke Engine
- Automatic
- Standard 2 Seats w/ Cargo Space
- $7,200

Please CALL ONLY if you have any other questions or need more information on this van! Thanks!

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/1998-ford-4x4-van-73/6603500629.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles