Full Size Dodge Thread

Kingsize24

Absolutely love it! When will they be for sale? I think the only thing I can see about that that I don't care for is the square wheel wells. Tires are round, Rams wheel wells are round, and your rear wheel openings are square. It throws it off a bit for me, but other than that it is perfect IMO.

Heres my baby:

2015 Ram 2500 Cummins
Powerwagon Grill
Powerwagon Headlights
AEV 3" DualSport Suspension
AEV Front Bumper
AEV Raised Air Intake
Warn 16.5ti Front
Warn VR12S Rear
Factor 55 Prolink XXLs F&R
ARB Twin Air Compressor W/ 2 Gallon Tank
SPOD SE
Cell Phone Booster
Comms System
Rigid Amber Duallies - Fogs
Rigid E-Series 30" Light Bar
IPOD for trail nav
Lockpick System On Factory Nav
Interior Storage Goodies
Rhino Rack prototype Backbone System for the Ram w/ the usual goodies
37" Toyo M/T on Method Wheels
PCOR Tray
PCOR Canopy
James Baroud RTT
Amp Powersteps
The list goes on...

Coming Soon:
Full interior DynaMat
Interior Redo (headliner, blackout, etc)
R.E.D. Sliders
Different tent
Awning (on canopy)
DEF Delete + Tuning (if I can find a quiet exhaust)
Ditch lights
More Comms/NAV Upgrades
Scheelman Seats - Front
Rigid ADAPT Light Bar - Roof
Shock Upgrade (Probably Kings)
Ram Assist Steering
I'm sure theres more.... it never ends.

View attachment 451096View attachment 451095

taz223

ExplorationOutfitters.com
Absolutely love it! When will they be for sale? I think the only thing I can see about that that I don't care for is the square wheel wells. Tires are round, Rams wheel wells are round, and your rear wheel openings are square. It throws it off a bit for me, but other than that it is perfect IMO.

Trays & canopies are available right now for pre-order, with an estimated arrival in September/October.

str8t six

Heres my baby:

2015 Ram 2500 Cummins
Powerwagon Grill

i seen a YT vid of your truck from trailrecon. definitely looks like a awesome build!
that slide out kitchen is amazing! do you have a build thread?

what is that white thing in the driver front fender in the last pic?

huntsonora

Explorer
2000 RAM 2500 Diesel with custom camper. Rear bumper mostly done, Front bumper started but not installed. I love this truck and will never part ways with it!
Photos from Courtright Reservoir, Imogene Trail, Sedona, and Sandstone Canyon

Did you build your rear bumper?

taz223

ExplorationOutfitters.com
i seen a YT vid of your truck from trailrecon. definitely looks like a awesome build!
that slide out kitchen is amazing! do you have a build thread?

what is that white thing in the driver front fender in the last pic?

I don't have a build thread, I should've started one a long time ago and didn't. I'll try to do a thread thats current, as the truck has been in progress for a couple years now :)

White thing is the headlight access flap, dropped down on the trail and then got covered in snow. :)

arielmiller

Heres my baby:

2015 Ram 2500 Cummins
Powerwagon Grill
Powerwagon Headlights
AEV 3" DualSport Suspension
AEV Front Bumper
AEV Raised Air Intake
Warn 16.5ti Front
Warn VR12S Rear
Factor 55 Prolink XXLs F&R
ARB Twin Air Compressor W/ 2 Gallon Tank
SPOD SE
Cell Phone Booster
Comms System
Rigid Amber Duallies - Fogs
Rigid E-Series 30" Light Bar
IPOD for trail nav
Lockpick System On Factory Nav
Interior Storage Goodies
Rhino Rack prototype Backbone System for the Ram w/ the usual goodies
37" Toyo M/T on Method Wheels
PCOR Tray
PCOR Canopy
James Baroud RTT
Amp Powersteps
The list goes on...

Coming Soon:
Full interior DynaMat
Interior Redo (headliner, blackout, etc)
R.E.D. Sliders
Different tent
Awning (on canopy)
DEF Delete + Tuning (if I can find a quiet exhaust)
Ditch lights
More Comms/NAV Upgrades
Scheelman Seats - Front
Rigid ADAPT Light Bar - Roof
Shock Upgrade (Probably Kings)
Ram Assist Steering
I'm sure theres more.... it never ends.

View attachment 451096View attachment 451095
What bracket did you use for the rear winch?

yj4roks

Observer
Did you build your rear bumper?
Yes...Both bumpers are from Move Bumpers. They are not hard to put together with MIG welds inside and out, grinders to round off the welds to match the curves from the brake bent sections and flap disk to finish it off before paint. They will tell you, and it's true, these bumpers are a blank canvas to which to begin your build. The rear did not come with any options to have swing outs so I had to beef it up to handle the load. I have attached a pic of the front at its current state. They offer light pockets on the side of the bumper for forward facing additional lighting. I opted to cut my own openings and put flush mounted lights which angle out just right for use as peripheral lighting at the edge of the trail. I am still adding some additional bracing before I paint it.

Attachments

• 20180511_100702.jpg
    20180511_100702.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 76

huntsonora

Explorer
The rear did not come with any options to have swing outs so I had to beef it up to handle the load. I have attached a pic of the front at its current state.

The rear bumper with the swingout is so nice. I have a denver Offroad aluminum on front and want to put something on the rear. How hard was it to beef up for the swingout?

yj4roks

Observer
The rear bumper with the swingout is so nice. I have a denver Offroad aluminum on front and want to put something on the rear. How hard was it to beef up for the swingout?
Not too bad. The bumper wants to twist like licorice so I added bracing that ties both sides together; from where the hinge is mounted, it ties into the frame tie-in and then to the "step" in the center of the bumper then back out to the other hinge in a mirrored fashion. It made a huge difference. I have ran it that way for over a year including offroading. I think i still want to tie the hinge into the frame front to rear direction. I see slight movement in that direction but honestly it could just be the camper and the bumper vibrating in different patterns. I do have a plan to tie it to the frame with heavy duty turn buckles which will be bolted not welded in case I have to remove the bumper in the future.

Here's mine, 2017 Dodge 2500. Its my third Ram but first Diesel, and I absolutely love it. I just took it out for my second trip from SC to Montana and its been amazing. Excellent for long distance driving and its been pretty good off road. Its a work in progress, but my next purchase will be a Road Armor full winch bumper, winch and more lights. Lord willing, I'll be planning my trip to Alaska next summer.

With that said, I do have a question for the forum. Does anyone run the Road Armor Stealth for overland? (Any other suggestions are also welcome)

I see a lot of people gravitating toward the AEV. It was my first choice, mainly for the look, but my concern was big animal strikes when I'm headed across country. I won't be doing any rock crawling in this truck but I will be trying to reach remote destinations off road for fishing or hunting. The Road Armor seemed to have the best wrap around protection for the Ram trucks. Your thoughts?
IMG_3712 3.jpg
IMG_3197.jpgIMG_2733.jpgIMG_2734.jpgIMG_3099.jpgIMG_3863.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles