OVRLND camper topper

OVRLND Campers

If it can be available for 8ft bed, Id be interested. 2 birds 1 stone for me.
haha, you could say that. Yeah, 8ft wouldnt be an issue though there will be a material and time price difference for the bigger rigs. The camper would be sweet with tons of space.

Clutch

<---Pass
Very nice, seems like the best of both worlds.

Utility of a Flip Pac/Habitat/Wildernest, hard roof of a FWC/ATC, but at fraction of the weight.

Wondered when someone would do a combo of said campers. Well done.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Very cool and since I am in Phx I like that you are just a quick run North :)
Can you post pics or videos from the inside of how the lift/hinge thing works, I just want to make sure I understand the concept.
Also how much space between the top of the bed and inside roof in case I want to store bedding up there?
Looking forward to seeing this at OX West in a few days

OVRLND Campers

Very nice, seems like the best of both worlds.

Utility of a Flip Pac/Habitat/Wildernest, hard roof of a FWC/ATC, but at fraction of the weight.

Wondered when someone would do a combo of said campers. Well done.
Thanks. That's the idea, keep it light and simple with all the comfort of a standard pop-top camper. After having lived in the old Roamin Chariot wedge and now sleeping in this thing, it's no wonder why FWC and ATC have been so successful.

OVRLND Campers

Can you post pics or videos from the inside of how the lift/hinge thing works, I just want to make sure I understand the concept.
Also how much space between the top of the bed and inside roof in case I want to store bedding up there?

Nice, its been hot here, so I can only imagine the heat you all are seeing already! Ill get a video up in no time about how quick it pops and collapses.

Currently there is 6.5 or so inches when closed. I will include the 3" pads with it which will take up most of that room, though the memory foam does compress nicely. For my personal camper I have a down sleeping back that also takes little room so it hasnt been a issue. This would go to the custom side of things that I would be happy to change based on your request. To make the change it would take no extra labor, just around $50-100 more in materials.

Ill be at booth H15 with Plug and play Solar, as my full time job is offgrid solar installs in nothern AZ. Look forward to meeting you there!

Clutch

<---Pass
Thanks. That's the idea, keep it light and simple with all the comfort of a standard pop-top camper. After having lived in the old Roamin Chariot wedge and now sleeping in this thing, it's no wonder why FWC and ATC have been so successful.

You're welcome.

Like Dave I have a Wildernest...worked great when I lived in Southern Arizona...now I have been in Idaho the last 4 years...looking for something a bit more weather proof yet simple and compact when closed. Nothing really existed until yours and the new Westy style camper/caps (Vagabond and Go Fast) have come out this year. he . Nice to see the market finally has more options.

Liking that you went with vertical walls and a fully raised roof. Good work!

OVRLND Campers

Here is a link to a video describing the lift. I hope this answers your question!

OVRLND Campers

You're welcome.

Like Dave I have a Wildernest...worked great when I lived in Southern Arizona...now I have been in Idaho the last 4 years...looking for something a bit more weather proof yet simple and compact when closed. Nothing really existed until yours and the new Westy style camper/caps (Vagabond and Go Fast) have come out this year. he . Nice to see the market finally has more options.

Liking that you went with vertical walls and a fully raised roof. Good work!

When it rains it pours. It's great that there are some many new affordable options to choose from now, rather than a craigslist bidding war on a 1980s FWC.

I know Idaho is extremely nice in the summer but if you find yourself this way sometime feel free to let me know and I'll give you a camper tour.

Clutch

<---Pass
When it rains it pours. It's great that there are some many new affordable options to choose from now, rather than a craigslist bidding war on a 1980s FWC.

I know Idaho is extremely nice in the summer but if you find yourself this way sometime feel free to let me know and I'll give you a camper tour.

Yeah, that whole hunting down old junk that everyone wants gets tiresome. This is my second Wildernest, regretted selling the first...took me a couple years to find another. Love it, but it has its' short comings.

Thanks for the offer on the camper tour. I have family in SOAZ...bunch of friends in PHX and FLG...I come down there every once in a while. I know Flag very well, have been all over the trails there on mountain and dirt bikes.

Last edited:

OVRLND Campers

Heres some pictures for all of you showing how the extruded aluminum rails work in conjuction with one on the bed of the truck. Using simple T nuts and aluminum/wood it took me a couple of hours to build up giving me tons of storage and a place to cook and work.

IMG_20180515_185928953_HDR.jpgIMG_20180515_213022487_HDR.jpgIMG_20180515_213007923_HDR.jpg

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member

Nomination for best quote of the week...

:)

Let us know the feedback from Overland Expo - I really like the concept.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles