FOUND Vans For Sale!

86scotty

Cynic
Easy. E350s are all over the place for 5k or less. Most will be 5.4's but some V10s are on the upper end of your budget. If you're after a diesel you're limiting yourself for high mileage, worn out delivery trucks mostly.

12paws4feet

Thought I'd browse some Friday local listings for 4x4 vans. Not affiliated with sellers, just passing them along.
-Cheers all

99' Savana 3500 4x4, $9.5k, Mammoth Lakes CA
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/1999-gmc-savanax4-van/6572726828.html

98' Savana 3500 RWD, $6.9k, Tahoe City CA
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/98-gmc-savana-custom-built/6572259465.html

95' E350 4x4, 98k miles, $14.3k, Truckee CA
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/1995-ford-e350-quigley-van/6557365286.html

79' Chevy Shorty 4x4, $8k, Verdi NV (Appears to be in Verdi)
https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/1979-chevy-shorty-van-4x4/6573199672.html

r27d

Hi! I just put a deposit (refundable) down on this 1998 E350 7.3 with 105k miles. It's had two owners State of CA and then the dealership that's selling it has had it since 2011. Is this ok for value? I just sold my 1991 Toyota Pickup and I need something to move out of the Bay Area asap.
ProxyImage.jpeg

Last edited:

Pangle

Wanderer
I have seen this one for sale in various places including NY over the past 2 years. I think i even called on it at one point. I am not sure what the lister's game is but I dont think its legit...

Deshet

Adventurer
Hi! I just put a deposit (refundable) down on this 1998 E350 7.3 with 105k miles for $9900. It's had two owners State of CA and then the dealership that's selling it has had it since 2011. Is this ok for value? I just sold my 1991 Toyota Pickup and I need something to move out of the Bay Area asap.
View attachment 446199

Wondering why the dealership could not sell it in 7 years. It looks clean from the one picture. The price isn't bad for the mileage. Not to many 7.3s around with that mileage. I have a 1995 with less mileage and would not let it go for that price. Have it checked out by a real diesel mechanic, maybe they used it as a delivery/parts truck for the last 7 years. Check the date codes on tires they may be expired maybe you can save a few dollars.

Get a larger transmission cooler and keep the transmission fluid changed and it should last a long time.

r27d

Wondering why the dealership could not sell it in 7 years. It looks clean from the one picture. The price isn't bad for the mileage. Not to many 7.3s around with that mileage. I have a 1995 with less mileage and would not let it go for that price. Have it checked out by a real diesel mechanic, maybe they used it as a delivery/parts truck for the last 7 years. Check the date codes on tires they may be expired maybe you can save a few dollars.

Get a larger transmission cooler and keep the transmission fluid changed and it should last a long time.
Thanks for replying. The dealership is a commercial diesel dealer. This was their van that was used for parts runs and to "deliver the occasional lawn mower"; has a nice tow package. They haven't used it much recently and apparently the owner put the van on the site on Sunday and the sales guy I spoke with on Monday at 8am didn't even know it was listed until I called. I'm on Amtrak right now to go check it out and maybe drive it home.

RC000E

Easy. E350s are all over the place for 5k or less. Most will be 5.4's but some V10s are on the upper end of your budget. If you're after a diesel you're limiting yourself for high mileage, worn out delivery trucks mostly.

Did a bunch of searching...picked up a 2000 E350 V10 that was entirely spray foamed inside. Came with a 200w Windy Nation solar system, camping stove, nice cooler, new tires, and some other stuff for 5k. We did a trip to FL in it just to feel it out...got 14.1mpg avg over about 950 miles. I am gonna dig in it but...pretty happy. Runs great, shifts great, cruise and ac works, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles