AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

kalieaire

Observer
That's good info- thanks. It sounds like it will work out fine. I appreciate the feedback.

The big thing is entry. If you have a bedslide, you lose a couple inches where your head or neck could get scraped pretty badly if the section isn't covered up with a swimming noodle.

NH4Runner

The big thing is entry. If you have a bedslide, you lose a couple inches where your head or neck could get scraped pretty badly if the section isn't covered up with a swimming noodle.

Hah, this is definitely something I have done, and man did it hurt. I personally ended up just covering that sharp edge with a few layers of duct tape, which worked well enough. I wonder if AT has addressed this issue at this point..

Last edited:

uglybaby

Observer
Hmmm... hadn't considered that- I think maybe a side ladder would be my primary route into the tent. Pool noodle definitely a good idea too. Thanks.

Ark

Martyn, happen to have any additional pictures of your new euro-style windows?

Any chance of future versions having an option for rear windows similar to the old flippac or the Vagabond shells? Those of us who would like to have this permanently mounted on a daily driver in the city would really appreciate the visibility!

ohanacrusader

Adventurer
Just picked our habitat up last week for our new Ram 2500 and love it. But just curious how are people storing there poles for raising the top? I was thing of installing Quick fist claps on the rail where it attaches to the bed.

Rivers2run

Observer
If you have the rug interior package it's super sticky to velcro. I put the poles on the side and velcro them into the wall of the habitat. I have a table I velcro to the wall of the habitat. Amazing all the organizers, key ring etc I have on the walls of the habitat. If you have the optional sleeping board you can add a few straps and store the poles from the bottom of the board.

aaldape

Observer
If you have the rug interior package it's super sticky to velcro. I put the poles on the side and velcro them into the wall of the habitat. I have a table I velcro to the wall of the habitat. Amazing all the organizers, key ring etc I have on the walls of the habitat. If you have the optional sleeping board you can add a few straps and store the poles from the bottom of the board.

Any chance you can post photos of that interior setup?

Rivers2run

Observer
Ok photos of my setup. I have the poles stored on my rail held in with Velcro. You can see I have storage pockets for things like headlamps, Kindle iPod, phone etc. I have a key ring also intalled with Velcro. I have a hanging table held with heavy duty Velcro strips, it's been there for months.
IMG_20180430_134326-picsay1.jpgMVIMG_20180430_134408-picsay1.jpg
MVIMG_20180430_134341-picsay1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles