Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Smart! Harbor Freight magnetic tool rails?

How did you turn your stove drawer around?
Yes, harbor freight tool rails, screwed on the fenders, then i can just pop the table on when i want, then store it when i dont... works GREAT

drawer - the trailer just came that way! i guess I lucked out, i was pleasantly surprised to see it. Maybe all the new ones will be like that?

ebrabaek

Adventurer
Yes, harbor freight tool rails, screwed on the fenders, then i can just pop the table on when i want, then store it when i dont... works GREAT

drawer - the trailer just came that way! i guess I lucked out, i was pleasantly surprised to see it. Maybe all the new ones will be like that?

Smitty told me that the drawer will come spun around like that from now on.

I never contacted them. I did however mount a few lightweight items inside the door on a small bracket I made. A shovel and an ax. Not enough weight to cause any damage and it opens and closes fine. But a call to SB should be on my New Years Resolution list just cause, it would be nice to have a little more stability in that rear door when opened wide.

IMG_9422.jpg
can you show a close up on how you mounted these on the back door? nice job btw!!!

mspenc45

Smitty told me that the drawer will come spun around like that from now on.
That stinks! It's the way it should have been all along! Simply makes no sense the way it is. I just received mine last week and the drawer is backwards, in my opinion.

ebrabaek

Adventurer
That stinks! It's the way it should have been all along! Simply makes no sense the way it is. I just received mine last week and the drawer is backwards, in my opinion.

You could reach out to Smitty and ask if they could replace your drawer, or see if they could sell you one as an upcharge. Or just mod yours....:):)

mspenc45

You could reach out to Smitty and ask if they could replace your drawer, or see if they could sell you one as an upcharge. Or just mod yours....:):)
Yes, reached out to them yesterday, no answer yet. I simply makes no sense the way it is now. The side door does no even open wide enough to get in from that side anyway!

mspenc45

So a follow up is deserved on my comment that the paint stinks. I had mentioned in an earlier post that my trailer had pretty poor paint. I decided I'd redo most of my Scout in a bed liner to remedy this, Raptor Coat to be specific. When I began to prep the Scout for the Raptor coat, I started with the fender that I first noticed the bad paint, but as I began to prep other areas, I found the paint to be much better, and quite adequate, so basically I had one fender that had bad powder coat. Unfortunately, I had already started down the path of re-coating the trailer, and there was no turning back. It was quite a bit of work, preparation is everything, but I love how it turned out! FYI, I used windshield black polyurethane to fill all the seems, like at the fender/wall joints. Also, since I don't need a spare, having the same wheels on both Jeep and Scout, I am thinking about moving the front box back against the main body to reduce tongue weight.20160102_151829.jpg0418180801.jpg0418180801_HDR.jpg0418180801a.jpg0418180801.jpg0418180801_HDR.jpg0418180801a.jpg0418180802_HDR.jpg0418180802_HDR.jpg

Midnightsun

Adventurer
Wow man !! Nice job on liner. Best upgrade I seen in awhile. I looked into having my done partially but they wanted to much money and being in the heat of west Tex I was fearful of fading. Nice job though! also moving your box back is cool also

ratled

Adventurer
I wonder if there is a nice white bedliner, all that work it would have been nice to go black on white to match

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier