SoCal Tear Drop Owners! Post up!

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Furnace, water tank, marine interior, full rear drawers, reading lights, under storage...so nice. You getting a fridge longways?

wiredinoc

Yep! Fridge on the left, long ways. 5 drawers I think. Did some custom work on the rack as well with lights, antennas, etc. Put a hand brake on it too. Super excited!

Keith Starr

Inmate #2558516
Yep! Fridge on the left, long ways. 5 drawers I think. Did some custom work on the rack as well with lights, antennas, etc. Put a hand brake on it too. Super excited!

Ah! A hand brake! I'm jealous, using my wheel chocks feels so...antiquated. :) I'll be interested to see some pictures of the setup, cable runs, level placement, etc. Are they independant (like Xventure) or one near the tongue (like Conquerer)? I advised a friend who recently had a 510 built to ask about one, not sure exactly why but he didn't end up with one.

gwolff

Observer
Guys, I just stopped by Socal Teardrops since I work a block a way. Holy smokes, I couldn't get the smile off my face. The trailers are amazing in person! Pictures do not do them justice. The staff was so friendly and they gave me a whole tour of their shop, even though I told them I was just looking since I was building my own trailer. Some of their lifted models are way taller than me, they are so impressive in person compared to online. The quality of the trailers seems amazing and I just love to see a group of local skilled craftsman building amazing trailers. I'm bringing my dad there tomorrow just so he can admire them too.

Jensini

My wife and I picked up our new SoCal 459 Krawler today from Treeline in Petaluma, CA. Great workmanship, very impressed. Tows nice behind our Jeep Grand Cherokee, hardly new it was back there. Looking forward to our first trip this month.

Attachments

• getPart-24.jpg
    getPart-24.jpg
    838 KB · Views: 136
  • getPart-38.jpg
    getPart-38.jpg
    975.5 KB · Views: 133

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
I wasn’t sure how or where I wanted the final outlet, so now it is on the end of an extension cord. It work great on the swing out.

Last edited:

cactusjk

Explorer
Not sure where the AC comes into the trailer so you don't have to keep the back hatch up? Other than that an extension cord is fine.

frq flyr

Observer
congrats! where ya headed?

My wife and I picked up our new SoCal 459 Krawler today from Treeline in Petaluma, CA. Great workmanship, very impressed. Tows nice behind our Jeep Grand Cherokee, hardly new it was back there. Looking forward to our first trip this month.

dave84060

frq flyr: I'm looking to hit the Tuweep sometime soon with my SCT Buzz Off. How's the road down there? I assume you had no major issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles