Snow Peak Addiction

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Barista set hack

I was monkeying around in the driveway today (getting ready for the first camping trip of the year) and decided to see if I could make the Barista drip fit inside the Barista kettle. I could!

When the parts were stacked, I put a mark on them where they touched the rim of the kettle when attempting to pass through the opening, then used a die grinder to put a notch in all three parts:
1.jpg

I kept testing for fit:
2.jpg

In the end I had to grind a mm or two from the right side of the stacked parts (right as seen in this pic):
3.jpg

And success. Inside the kettle are the kettle handle, the SP Barista grinder, and the SP Barista drip funnel. Wish I could get the 450 cup to fit in there too, but it ain't gonna happen. Thought you all might be interested in this.
4.jpg

Last edited:

KK6POV

Adventurer
hard to say but the instructions look like mine I remembered ?

I know it can be a bit loose fitting but even if legit or not that is a bit far off to start with so might as well feel good about the purchase :)
I’m a little bit late to this one but when I was in Hong Kong they had counterfeit everything and you could not tell the difference even watches my jeweler (yes I have a jeweler) had to look at it very very closely. So something as simple as a barbecue could easily be knocked off as for the directions buy one and make copies.

Honu

lost on the mainland
hmmmmmmm

SO they took the video down :) hahahaha not sure if it was me asking in the comments you doing it like this with a link back to expo ? but seems fishy they would take it down :)
just be honest mr drifta why just be honest if ya do copy it :)

11:50 mark he mentions they are going to be offering a propane stove they are importing from america that is going to fit inside really well :)

I do wonder if it is going to be the partner and use what I did :) hahahaha will be curious to see that and asked in the comments :)

fun to see that place would be nice if we had that here somewhere :)

I have always loved uniflame stuff also :) and fun to see them have the smokers

Last edited:

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
I'm torn now between the SnowPeak Gas Grill and the Magma conversion that Honu did. I've got all my gear set up to run on the ubiquitous 1lb propane bottles and I wonder whether the Gas Grill will allow the use of the Kovara adapter. One fuel, that's the goal. Oh and a simple BBQ/grill solution for the burn ban prone west.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I'm torn now between the SnowPeak Gas Grill and the Magma conversion that Honu did. I've got all my gear set up to run on the ubiquitous 1lb propane bottles and I wonder whether the Gas Grill will allow the use of the Kovara adapter. One fuel, that's the goal. Oh and a simple BBQ/grill solution for the burn ban prone west.

my magma is great for smaller things but not enough power to cook a large steak and really get it some crust :) if that helps your decision :) cooking say peppers its great hot dogs burgers (two at a time) its great chicken comes out fine just not big huge steaks :) but to be fair even the snow peak charcoal cant really handle large steaks that well and is more suited to smaller cuts etc. but its not as hot as my charcoal gets

I do not know how much the SP will be ? better same etc.. just sharing what I know as I tried to do 2 steaks and it got done just fine but was more the brown kinda cooked rather than the grilled crust I like :) but it does fit nice and one space what I found it really really handy for even when I can use charcoal is to cook on my charcoal then say do the corn and move it over or cooking the corn on cob on the gas and meat on the charcoal so I do like having the two types so either way the combo is nice

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Well, I used the SP griddle on the GS-220 yesterday while converted to standard propane with the adjustable Kovia adapters. It kinda sucked. The burners were either off or medium. Burned the crap out of my bacon. :(

I'll try to turn down the internal regulator on the Kovia adapters to see if I'm just getting too much pressure. Anyone else have any experience with simmering (or lower heat) on the GS-220?

Lennart

Adventurer
So Lennart, what are your thoughts on the grill, since you've had some time with it?

I am an open fire enthousiast so I only use a gas grill when open fire is not permitted. The snow peak grill is more a gas griddle than a grill/BBQ in my humble opinion. As a griddle it works well, puts a nice sear on the meat and is easy to clean as is advocated by Snowpeak.
I would like to work out a good setup with a diffuser (without the 'griddle') to have more of a BBQ experience. Just need to find the right diffusers to use.

All in all, a good griddle but I will use the BBQ box or Fireplace when possible (I prefer the Fireplace to the box and the box to the griddle).

Cheers,

Lennart

Lennart

Adventurer
Well, I used the SP griddle on the GS-220 yesterday while converted to standard propane with the adjustable Kovia adapters. It kinda sucked. The burners were either off or medium. Burned the crap out of my bacon. :(

I'll try to turn down the internal regulator on the Kovia adapters to see if I'm just getting too much pressure. Anyone else have any experience with simmering (or lower heat) on the GS-220?

Not the answer you are looking for, but when you skip the adapters and just use gas canisters the GS-220 is excellent at simmering .....

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Not the answer you are looking for, but when you skip the adapters and just use gas canisters the GS-220 is excellent at simmering .....
Hmmmm. Well, I'll play with the adapters this weekend and see what happens. If I can't work it out I have a feeling that I'll pull the GS-220 and use it in the IGT as intended. Will let you all know if I find a solution. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles