Snow Peak Addiction

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
Has anyone found a small colander that will fit inside the Cast Iron Duo when nested? I think it would be pretty cool for boiling mashed 'taters. I'm going to begin the hunt.

Riptide

Explorer
[/ATTACH]Do any of you have this SP griddle?

I have one. Haven't used it. Was a little disappointed in that it isn't iron, despite the name, although I really wasn't sure what to expect...

Clever griddle mounting system; I love it. How is the stove affixed to the slide-out tray? There must some sort of cut-out underneath to attach the propane bottles...

Honu

lost on the mainland
I have one. Haven't used it. Was a little disappointed in that it isn't iron, despite the name, although I really wasn't sure what to expect...

Clever griddle mounting system; I love it. How is the stove affixed to the slide-out tray? There must some sort of cut-out underneath to attach the propane bottles...

you and me both when I got it I was like huh ?

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure

I think the griddle is iron. Just not cast iron. It's certainly heavy.

Bolting the stove to the slide-out was just pure evil. :) I'm posting some more detailed pics to my build thread and will let you all know when it's up. Took about 5 hours and 30 bucks worth of stainless parts overall (screws, nuts, etc.). I like how it turned out though. Bummer is that I can't fire it up until my propane adapters show up from Amazon.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
OK, if anyone is interested, there are some detailed pics (in order of installation) at the bottom of my build thread (in my signature). Last three posts. Not fishing for clicks or anything...just too lazy to post the same thing twice. :)

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
if you end up not happy with the griddle check out the partner steel one :) IMHO one of the best camp kitchen purchases I have ever made :)

We have a big campout on Easter weekend. I'll "cook" the protective coating from the griddle this weekend and give it a test drive to see how it goes. If it warps during use....I'm not gonna like that.

I read a lot of reviews on the Partner griddle. Everyone seems to be in love with them, so it might be a good idea to go that way. I couldn't think of any way to mount the Partner griddle to either of these stoves because it has the loops instead of tabs.

Of course, I could put the Partner stove back in the Jeep and use the GS-220 in my IGTs (that arrived today).

Riptide

Explorer
OK, if anyone is interested, there are some detailed pics (in order of installation) at the bottom of my build thread (in my signature). Last three posts. Not fishing for clicks or anything...just too lazy to post the same thing twice. :)

Wow, that is first-rate. Looks great, fits great.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
My BBQ box arrived today. It looks a little "crooked and rattly" and doesn't seem like typical SP quality. I bought this from Amazon (which I usually avoid). Anyone think I got a factory second...or maybe a counterfeit unit? Or, is this typical of the BBQ box? It really rattles and floats around inside. Gonna make one heck of a racket in the Jeep.

crooked.jpg

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I think that's it, the charcoal plate might warp to flat after heating up. But the bbq box is rattly.

Cool. The plate is flat now. It's the support structure underneath that is "not level". Seems a bit cheezy to me. I suppose I could do some grinding to the scissor arms that hold the plate to make it level. We will see how much it bugs me. :chef:

jtosbo00

Observer
It’s hard to tell from the photo if that’s a legit SP or not but mine certainly did not look warp like the charcoal pan in the photo. Can you confirm which bbq box you have and post more photos? Also post the SP instructions, easy to spot a knockoff there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I'd return it for another, or shop from SP or Campsaver. That's not how the BBQ Box should look...

I'm going to return it tomorrow and order one from SP. When the "real" one arrives I'll compare them carefully. Now, I'm not saying that mine is a fake, but you hear a lot of bad things about Amazon these days. Personally, I try not to order anything from Amazon that costs over $50.00.

I'll make sure to take a bunch of pictures in the light tomorrow before I ship it off. And yes, it's a single BBQ box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles