UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Tear DOWN

26232639_1793792443973309_7421516074952710817_o.jpg

djbonsu

Adventurer
I've been brainstorming this for several years, have a HUGE list of topics and ideas so 2018 is the year to make it happen. GearheadSquaretable will be a discussion show about cars, trucks, camping, everything that we talk about when hanging at the shop, etc. Arguments, opinions, beer, good fun. We'll have guests, different cars/trucks at every show, interviews, just 4 regular dudes talking s&*%. We're working on all of the equipment and technical stuff right now, I'll announce the 1st show date soon. Eventually we'll move to a live show because I want interaction from guys at home. The Facebook page has been up for some time, I just started the Instagram today, no sense in spending time on it until we're ready to go.

So give the FB or IG page a like!

Nice!! Done & DOne! Looking forward to this Chris!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Played shop shuffle today to make room for some new machines that will make us more self sufficient. 2018 is the year I trim all the fat and anything that slows down our progress or quality. sherpa trailer is on the lift to get some add a leaves and maybe a little block so I don't open my forehead with the pass side door.

26758237_1794884697197417_5598476454466370261_o.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Sorry if you mentioned this before, but do you have any idea how much that Sherpa trailer weighs? I'm just curious....

I know the Sherpa weighs 2k, guessing the trailer at ~1200. When I get an opportunity I'll run it across the scales.

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Am I the only one who keeps thinking the Punisher's van should get a U-Joint lift? (sorry... a little bit of Netflix binge watching last night)

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Am I the only one who keeps thinking the Punisher's van should get a U-Joint lift? (sorry... a little bit of Netflix binge watching last night)

Dude. YES. One of the reasons I love vans is from reading Punisher comic books as a kid. Killed me to see that wussy 2wd van when I watched the show!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris,
Your Rotary lift in the shop... Is that an asymmetric 10K? Do you like it? Any complaints?

Yea it is. If I could go back in time I would have waited the extra 2 weeks for the 12k like we have in post 6667. Much easier to work with and pull transmissions/etc.

motoidiot

Thanks!
It looks like the 12K is a symmetrical lift. Does it allow you to lift higher? Is the symmetric easier to position than the asymmetric for the vans?

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks!
It looks like the 12K is a symmetrical lift. Does it allow you to lift higher? Is the symmetric easier to position than the asymmetric for the vans?

Yea its taller, easier to rack the vans and more stable. When we get a bigger shop I'll get another symmetrical 12k.

motoidiot

Thank you both!
Hoping to be in a position to install a lift later this year and want to be sure it is up to the task of lifting my 7.3 E-350 EB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles