Any ideas for a poor mans cargo box? Aluminess Style

KYC

Adventurer
So I would like to have a cargo box aluminess style.

deluxe-box-drop-down-door-800.jpg

I can't afford the rear bumper etc, so I wanted to build on and mount it a spare tire carrier like this one.

41NxqlvAiHL._SX425_.jpg

I use this for my spare tire on my left rear door, but I want a large box on my right door maybe to mount a water heater and a small propane tank.

Have you guys seen any homemade versions of this? I'm not handy at all with welding. I was maybe thinking I can find a plastic container? Any thought and or ideas?

My search skills either suck or there isn't a thread already. If there is please show me!

Corneilius

Adventurer
I wouldn't mount it backwards like that. Mine is "mirrored" they're meant to mount on the drivers side to not block the license plate. I would mount it as pictured because of how it attaches to the sheet metal. Closer to the hinges the better.

My handle is accessible, I wouldn't call it "wide open" but its easy enough
IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

KYC

Adventurer
I wouldn't mount it backwards like that. Mine is "mirrored" they're meant to mount on the drivers side to not block the license plate. I would mount it as pictured because of how it attaches to the sheet metal. Closer to the hinges the better.

My handle is accessible, I wouldn't call it "wide open" but its easy enough
View attachment 428643

View attachment 428642

What have you got on top of it in this pic? Did you build a shelf?

Corneilius

Adventurer
Yeah, holds my chainsaw with the bar in the dead space between the box and the door. Pictures of everything in my build, the link i posted earlier should take you to the right page.

KYC

Adventurer
Yeah, holds my chainsaw with the bar in the dead space between the box and the door. Pictures of everything in my build, the link i posted earlier should take you to the right page.

Thanks man! I like the dish holder lol.

:26_7_2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles