Trailscape's 06 Tundra

trailscape

Explorer
I gave up on mounting those amber lights in the bumper. I have them up for sale here if anyone is interested. Also, I upgraded my rear light and the previous one is available as well.

The new one has the high/low mode which is pretty handy.
IMG_1074(1).jpg

I had been trying to sell these brackets for months because I had never got around to installing them, so I made them work the other day.
I did have to drill some new holes further back to mount them flush against the tabs, but they were solid.

There were some gaps on the sides so I opted to cut up the fillers and re-purpose them. I gave them a couple quick coats of Rust-oleum bedliner spray.

IMG_0991(1).jpgIMG_0993(1).jpgIMG_0982(1).jpg

New ditch lights also. 25w Westin spot lights.
IMG_0964.jpg

Last edited:

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
I had been trying to sell these brackets for months because I had never got around to installing them, so I made them work the other day.
I did have to drill some new holes further back to mount them flush against the tabs, but they were solid.

Who made those brackets?

trailscape

Explorer
I got me a gremlin.. So I was trying out those Sylvania Zevo LED bulbs for my turn signals. I just plugged one in to test it out. Well, I thought I could smell that frightening ozone smell when I switched on the parking lights.. Yeah, that bulb came right on out. I couldn't find anything out of place and everything seemed okay.

Switch to today.. I was up early and wanted to go get a coffee and some gas. I start up the truck, flick on the lights and... no dash lights, no tail lights. I swapped out the fuse, the fuse goes pop!

It's going to be one of those days.

I got me a gremlin.. So I was trying out those Sylvania Zevo LED bulbs for my turn signals. I just plugged one in to test it out. Well, I thought I could smell that frightening ozone smell when I switched on the parking lights.. Yeah, that bulb came right on out. I couldn't find anything out of place and everything seemed okay.

Switch to today.. I was up early and wanted to go get a coffee and some gas. I start up the truck, flick on the lights and... no dash lights, no tail lights. I swapped out the fuse, the fuse goes pop!

It's going to be one of those days.

Same thing is happening on my 2005 Tundra. 15 amp Tail fuse under the dash keeps blowing and I can't figure it out. Controls the dash lights, license plate lights, tail lights, and glove box. Can't figure it out. I pulled all the bulbs from that circuit and it keeps blowing fuses.

tyv12

Adventurer
Bigger fuses til you smell burning plastic... oh that's not correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
I don't like any new odors in my truck that I didn't put there.. I'll be poking around with my multi-meter once I build up my caffeine intake a bit more.

Bigger fuses til you smell burning plastic... oh that's not correct?

trailscape

Explorer
I haven't figured what the problem is/was yet, but I started by disconnecting the headlight harness on the passenger fender between the air box and firewall. It has a locking tab that pushes the connector out. I figured I could narrow it down a lot by removing that whole section from the equation. Well, I tossed a 10amp fuse in and started with the key on acc, then ignition, then switched each signal, then parking lights, headlights, hazards, etc.. No problems, no blown fuses. Okay.

Turn everything off, pull the fuse, reconnect the harness and start over. Oddly enough, when I was expecting the fuse to go nothing happened. So, I have no idea what changed but at the moment everything appears to be working.

Then again, the gremlins come out after dark...

Same thing is happening on my 2005 Tundra. 15 amp Tail fuse under the dash keeps blowing and I can't figure it out. Controls the dash lights, license plate lights, tail lights, and glove box. Can't figure it out. I pulled all the bulbs from that circuit and it keeps blowing fuses.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
For shorts in the circuit. I highly suggest getting a fuse saver. Basically a resettable circuit breaker that plugs into the fuse spot.
d97b48bdb35d38ec65f20f7e7ae3988f.jpg

trailscape

Explorer
I like that. It's one of those tools I wouldn't need very often, but when I did I'd be glad I had it. Speaking of that, my gremlin came back again..

trailscape

Explorer
The dash dimmer switch had a meltdown, so I removed it. All my exterior lights appear to be working again. I'm stuck without dash or hvac lights at the moment.

Well, I'm thinking at this point that my instrument cluster may have shorted out. I haven't located anything wrong elsewhere. I've been using my scangauge as a speedometer at night. lol...

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
I'd say I like it better than the Bilsteins I used on my 02, but it has a fairly firm ride in the front. Most of the time I like it, but if I'm on a segmented highway it feels like I'm riding a waverunner. My rear lift still needs a little help, or my front just needs more weight. I use airbags that keep it level, but I'd like some heavier springs.

How do you like your OME setup?
Pleased? Too much lift?

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
Nice, I am thinking of going with OME.

Recent rework on the overhead switch panel. I tried to blend it in a bit. I went a little crazy and made a scangauge mount, but I'm not sure I like it.

I epoxied two small neodymium magnets to the back of my garage remote and taped two more on the inside of the overhead console. No more awol remote...

View attachment 422090

I need some new actuators.

What is your scangauge mounted in beneath the overhead console?
What did you make it out of?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles