GXV Patagonia on the Kenworth K370 chassis

dfs9

Greg, If you get by Santa Fe you are welcome to park your rig at our house. We have sewer hookup, water and 120 volt plug in. We are in Eldorado area, just outside of Santa Fe (south east) 1 1/2 miles south of I25. We do have enough space for you to turn around as well.
David Schuster

gregmchugh

Observer
Greg, If you get by Santa Fe you are welcome to park your rig at our house. We have sewer hookup, water and 120 volt plug in. We are in Eldorado area, just outside of Santa Fe (south east) 1 1/2 miles south of I25. We do have enough space for you to turn around as well.
David Schuster

David,

Thank you for the offer. When we are heading out your way I will let you know.

Greg

A_anu

https://www.instagram.com/descubiendourantia/?hl=e
Whow go camper brother! Which base does it take? Is it Renault? What price does a vehicle cost? Thanks, greetings and enjoy it

gregmchugh

Observer
Whow go camper brother! Which base does it take? Is it Renault? What price does a vehicle cost? Thanks, greetings and enjoy it

The base truck chassis is a Kenworth K370 which is the US version of the DAF LF, both Kenworth and DAF are part of PACCAR.

The base price for the GXV Patagonia model on the Kenworth chassis is $430,000 plus whatever customizations you add. Ours has an extended cabin to allow 2 ft of added rear storage at full height behind the bed.

gregmchugh

Observer
Looks like you have the Mastervolt lithium ion batteries?

Yes, Full Mastervolt system with 2 x 360 AH Lithiums along with Mass Combi 4000 watt inverter/200 amp charger, SCM60 MPPT solar controller, 1000 watts of solar panels, generator auto start for the Onan QD 6000 watt, tank level sensors for fresh water, grey water, and second 100 gal fuel tank (first fuel tank is read by the chassis fuel gauge), transfer switch for shore/generator power, and a DC to DC converter to regulate the engine alternator voltage to lithium charge voltage. Central display/control panel and complete system status and configuration using a PC connected through USB.

Very nice system...

Keyne

Adventurer
Greg,

Now that you have had it a couple of months how does it compare to your Roadtrek Sprinter? Also, how was Expo East?

Kevin

gregmchugh

Observer
Kevin,

Expo East was interesting, first time I have been to one. Learned a lot from the classes and saw a lot of nice vehicles.

We just returned from a shakedown trip around Lake Superior. No real comparison to the Roadtrek Sprinter. No issues with going down bad roads with the high clearance and 4wd but since it is 8 ft wide and a little over 12 ft tall it is not ideal for the forested eastern US. The roof rails deflect the branches somewhat but there is always going to be a lot of scraping from the branches. But, that is what happens when you use it for going off the highway which is why we got it so the scars are simply an indication that you went somewhere interesting off the highway. We had no problems getting to the end of the Thunder Bay Lookout road in Sleeping Giant Provincial Park which included some pretty steep hills and driving over rock ledges. I think the people at the end were surprised to see a large vehicle at the lookout. In terms of living accommodations the GXV is a big step up from the Roadtrek with a lot more room inside, the permanent bed, and no issues with insulation and heating in cold weather. We ran into some cold weather and snow last week so we did get to test it out in the cold. We have an insulated plug, if needed, to put into the cab pass through which keeps the heat or cold in the less well insulated cab from effecting the cabin temperature.

We are very happy with the new vehicle. We plan to head to Northern Canada and Alaska next summer and fall after heading out west after the new year....

Greg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles