Trailscape's 06 Tundra

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
These have been confirm to fit ? I know most of those switches are for the newer Toyota's and wasn't sure if it would fit older ones like the 1st gen tundra

Link went to 15k service? I have an ultra gauge but I think I'm gonna sell it and get a scan gauge as they seem to be better for trans temp reading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The square switches will fit in the center console. Either this version, with the cubby and two switches, or the Sequoia 4 switch version. The Contura V should also fit no problem.

Also, for left side of the steering wheel, I just filed mine out and put my light bar switch there.

switch1.jpg

switch_2.jpg

attachment.php

More here - http://forum.expeditionportal.com/t...meets-ongoing-tinkering?p=1991653#post1991653

trailscape

Explorer
I'm getting ready to do a bunch of maintenance.. I was looking for a new radiator cap and wanted to make sure I had the proper one in the first place. It currently shows .9 on it, everything else is worn off. Isn't that a bit high pressure?

trailscape

Explorer
New Denso Iridium plugs installed this week. There were Autolite Platinums in there that were so loose I removed most by hand with the socket tool alone.
The Gear Wrench socket tool is handy. It's a stupidly easy job when the plugs come right out. Got the plugs from Rock Auto.

Finished up the Satoshi grille mod.. Sorry for the awful pic. While I was at this I ended up redoing the overhead switch panel and air lift gauge pod.
IMG_0720(1).jpg

I hated the look and location of the oem front license plate, so I'm trying to modify a Dodge Ram bracket. Here it is untouched.
IMG_0734.jpg

Next up I want to change my transmission fluid.. I've been reading up on that, but I'm still hesitant to tackle that job. Ordered a Magnefine filter as well.

trailscape

Explorer
I need some input on this one.

I have a pair of Rigid SRM2 flush mount amber driving lights that I was thinking of mounting into the front bumper.
I made a template to mock them up below next to the license plate. They would also fit great closer to the fog lights, but I'm not sure that would work as well and they are further along that curvature.
The upper section of the bumper is angled back slightly, so that would take a bit of work.

I'm planning to use these more for heavy snow, dusty road conditions.

Thoughts?

IMG_0904(1).jpgIMG_0906(1).jpg

Kpack

Adventurer
I can't really help on the amber lights as I have no experience with those yet. But I do love the Satoshi grille mod. Are there instructions somewhere online on how to do this? I've always been a fan of that look...if it's not too difficult I'm considering doing the same on my Tundra.

-Kevin

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Are you trying to use those amber for yourself to see or for others to see you? They don't look like it would throw out enough light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
I can't recall any one specific place I read instructions, but Tacomaworld is probably the best place to look. I think I read a quote, "You haven't experienced pain until you've attempted a Satoshi mod". It's not one to try to do overnight for sure. I used a spare and worked on it a good week or more.

I can't really help on the amber lights as I have no experience with those yet. But I do love the Satoshi grille mod. Are there instructions somewhere online on how to do this? I've always been a fan of that look...if it's not too difficult I'm considering doing the same on my Tundra.

-Kevin

trailscape

Explorer
More for myself really. I'm going to find a big empty parking lot and see how they look. They were pretty impressive when I pointed them out in the yard.

I seem to like collecting lights more than actually using them... I have too many.

Are you trying to use those amber for yourself to see or for others to see you? They don't look like it would throw out enough light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lhanson

Adventurer
Nothing wrong with lots of lights I have 360 coverage. I am wondering why you choose to do flush mount for forward projecting light? I would highly recommend doing a pod that you could aim. That is going to be really important if your using them to see and not just to be seen.

I love the Amber on my squadron pros wide cornering. It’s amazing in snow, fog and dust. Also adds great contrast to very very dark roads. I’m a light nut :)

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer

trailscape

Explorer
I was going for a cleaner look, less bolt on stuff everywhere. Those Squadron lights have been on my want list forever.

Nothing wrong with lots of lights I have 360 coverage. I am wondering why you choose to do flush mount for forward projecting light? I would highly recommend doing a pod that you could aim. That is going to be really important if your using them to see and not just to be seen.

I love the Amber on my squadron pros wide cornering. It's amazing in snow, fog and dust. Also adds great contrast to very very dark roads. I'm a light nut :)

Last edited:

trailscape

Explorer
Took the amber lights for a quick test. They were mounted on a license plate bracket, so really close together.

Not a ton of throw to them. It's a low and wide beam pattern.

IMG_0960s.jpg

trailscape

Explorer
Recent rework on the overhead switch panel. I tried to blend it in a bit. I went a little crazy and made a scangauge mount, but I'm not sure I like it.

I epoxied two small neodymium magnets to the back of my garage remote and taped two more on the inside of the overhead console. No more awol remote...

IMG_0945.JPG

I need some new actuators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles