Toyota Hilux Galaxy

robert

Expedition Leader
Very sweet but I agree with the others and think I'd lose the love handles on the doors and add some Bushwacker front flares to help tie the front and rear width together. JMHO

Got any pictures of what the interior looks like? I've never seen one of these.

ttfjc

weekend wheeler
It handles great! the rig fully loaded is right under 6k lbs. I have no problems with the camper making the rig feel unstable. I like the narrow profile in all paces but my rear wheel sticking so far in and thats the only thing i'm going to fix.. took the fender flares off today to customize them on the back but just without the added 3 inches of depth it looks great already. can't wait for the kit though!

are you serious this thing only weighs 6k loaded? jezzus my FJC is that much and i have much less space. this thing have a decent turning circle? shortish looking wheel base, you just need some rocker guards, lift and 35's lol

60toyetero

Adventurer
Very sweet but I agree with the others and think I'd lose the love handles on the doors and add some Bushwacker front flares to help tie the front and rear width together. JMHO

Got any pictures of what the interior looks like? I've never seen one of these.

hahah love handles, that is funny. In person I like them. Like I said, maybe make it into some storage. I will see when they come off for paint if I want leave them off. No fender flares! I have never been a big fan of fender flares sticking way out, unless you put some crazy wide tires. That is something I don't have. My front tires are flush with the truck. As far as getting one of these, they are pretty dang rare. They come out of Japana, AU or NZ, if they have been exported there from Japan. These were a Japan market only

Last edited:

60toyetero

Adventurer
are you serious this thing only weighs 6k loaded? jezzus my FJC is that much and i have much less space. this thing have a decent turning circle? shortish looking wheel base, you just need some rocker guards, lift and 35's lol

It turns great, no issues there. I am running like 31.5 tires right now. If I went 35 hahh I would have to modofy the whole drivetrain to handle the weight of the tires, starting with a cummins swap. Though I get the look your going for.... It would be tons of money to go that route!

Last edited:

ttfjc

weekend wheeler
it turns great, no issues there. I am running like 31.5 tires right now. If i went 35 hahh I would have to modofy the whole drivetrain to handle the weight of the tires... starting with a cummins swap hahah. Though i get the look your going for.... It would be tons of money to go that route!

Still cheaper and more capable then an earth roamer

60toyetero

Adventurer
Still cheaper and more capable then an earth roamer

I agree!! I wish I had 20-30K to throw into this rig. Wow!!!! it would be priceless. Right now it is turning out great for the cost. This is a rig that we will probably keep for a very long time, and I can see us beefing everything up in time, and adding a powerful engine. right now we are getting 20-23 miles to the gallon consistently. It is extremely fuel efficient and it is what we need. A new cummins would be efficient and powerful. Honestly, I rather use the 10k plus the engine is going to cost, and do other modifications. The camper only has 119k KM so this engine still has a lot of life left.

60toyetero

Adventurer
What size fuel tank?

Cheers[/QUOTE

Is either 15 or 17 one of the two. I have not let it go all the way to the bottom. I am all about fueling up not too low bellow quarter tank. When I got into the tank to put the fuel line for my espar heater it was really clean in there but still.

IMG_5312.JPG

Couple of more things to go and I will be dang stoked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles