still the most importan meal...

lgrt

Adventurer
I love camp breakfast. it is the one meal I'm not cooking in the dark... yea I'm not an early riser. My go to is chorizo and eggs... Hevos Ranchero... Plain or wrapped in a tortilla with cheese. Simple to make and so damn good. I swear magic happens and they become cholesterol free when cooked on a partner steel, outdoors.

How many others here feel the same about chorizo??

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
There will be haters but, I don't eat anything from an animal source after having a number of heart attacks.
My wife and I eat oatmeal for breakfast mostly when overlanding.

So, chorizo & eggs for breakfast eaters:

be22545d9d38cc6de29fc8e913f4e446--plus-size-black-dresses-sexy-plus-size.jpg

or

oatmeal for breakfast eaters (blonde woman is my buddy Ella):

trainer-of-the-month-ella-mangers-3.jpg

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Man, I LOVE chorizo but I hardly ever eat it. Breakfast for me is 2 whole eggs, 10 egg whites and a bowl of oatmeal. Gotta feed the machine right to keep it performing right, especially as you get older! But, yeah, I occasionally have chorizo con papas and by occasionally, I mean once a year. Although I am entering my winter bulk... Hmmm... nope, gotta eat clean to gain lean.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
At home, on the road, backpacking, it doesnt matter...

We never eat big for breakfast.

Ours normally consists of a Cliff bar, banana, and bean juice (coffee) :)

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Chorizo rocks. I prefer the leaner South American sausage style, but once in a while I'll do the Mexican style.

Had a buddy used to make "Mexican Style" lasagna. Corn tortillas instead of noodles, with layers of chorizo, carne asada and carnitas. Also pico de gallo and cheese in the layers. Awesome.

lgrt

Adventurer
There will be haters but, I don't eat anything from an animal source after having a number of heart attacks.
Don't hate the chorizo... hate the metabolism :) and I have used a couple of Vegi Chorizo concoctions that have turned out really pretty good.. it is really about the spicy goo that makes it special.

Man, I LOVE chorizo but I hardly ever eat it.
it tends to be my guilty overland pleasure day one or two... after day two it tends to be less refrigerated fixings.

We never eat big for breakfast.
I'm guessing a lot of small snacks through out the day with a big dinner?

Had a buddy used to make "Mexican Style" lasagna. Corn tortillas instead of noodles, with layers of chorizo, carne asada and carnitas. Also pico de gallo and cheese in the layers. Awesome.
Yummm... enchilada lasagna. a bit hard in the field though without an oven. maybe a dutch oven work.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I'm guessing a lot of small snacks through out the day with a big dinner?

Snacking yes, but the right kind (not junk food) and no, never a big dinner.

We are very active, so constant intake is important, and big meals are almost always counter-productive.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
I have used a couple of Vegi Chorizo concoctions that have turned out really pretty good.. it is really about the spicy goo that makes it special.

I tried veggie chorizo once and I honestly could not tell the difference. I might just have to switch over so I can eat if more often!

lgrt

Adventurer
Standard camping breakfast is omelettes, some kind of meat, grilled veggies, and coffee.

mmmmm. yes coffee.... Camp coffee is always the best. After years of experimenting and dozens of fails, we've found the best way is to brew a cup of warm, aromatic, roasted caffeine love is with a french press. What is your secrete?

cup-of-coffee.jpg
camp-fire-cooking.jpg

jymmiejamz

Adventurer

We get it, you're vegan.

mmmmm. yes coffee.... Camp coffee is always the best. After years of experimenting and dozens of fails, we've found the best way is to brew a cup of warm, aromatic, roasted caffeine love is with a french press. What is your secrete?

I prefer a French press, but I switched to pour over because cleaning a French press uses too much water.

I use a Bialetti Moka Pot and pre-ground coffee. Both are always in the truck with the rest of my chuck box.

The Moka pot can make very strong espresso, so it's good for sharing with another person, or making a half-portion just for yourself.

Strong espresso from a Moka pot? It isn't even espresso. Probably also tastes like garbage with pre-ground coffee thats been sitting in your truck. Don't get me wrong, the Moka pot is great, but if you want to call it espresso, it certainly wouldn't be strong espresso.

perterra

Adventurer

So, chorizo & eggs for breakfast eaters:

be22545d9d38cc6de29fc8e913f4e446--plus-size-black-dresses-sexy-plus-size.jpg

or

oatmeal for breakfast eaters (blonde woman is my buddy Ella):

trainer-of-the-month-ella-mangers-3.jpg

Aw dude, why post the photos, makes you look petty. Personally, the chubby gals look like more fun to me. Some of us dont have to eat like rabbits to live a long life.

lgrt

Adventurer
I like my breakfast coffee with cream, sugar, and a good view!

With a good view... you got that right Brother! I didn't have much luck getting good results with a Moka Pot years back when i tried... I'm sure it was user error. It might be time to see if this old dog can in fact learn a new trick.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Aw dude, why post the photos, makes you look petty. Personally, the chubby gals look like more fun to me. Some of us dont have to eat like rabbits to live a long life.
The hefty girls can't keep up with us though. Good for leaving back at camp to keep the fire going while we hike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles