My expedition trailer build

Yeti1

Gonna do this again. Every time I try to edit my thread, it deletes it. Hopefully 4th time will be a charm.

Trailer frame is built from 2x4 11ga steel. The upper box is built from 1.5" 14ga square tubing skinned with 14ga sheet steel. It has independent torsion axles and 33" tires. The upper rack is built from 1.5" square tubing which is designed to telescope 30" above the rack. The dimple steel on the upper rack are is designed to keep someone from unbolt in the tent when it is in its down position. The trailer box is 48x72" and the upper rack is the same size. The box is 27" tall. The storage box on front is for future batteries, electrical and storage. There is spot in the frame for a future water tank. The upper rack will have a slide out 100w solar panel and the passenger side door of the trailer will have a slide out kitchen. Trailer has been fun to build and can't wait to build my next one. Once finished gonna sell it and start another one. If I don't have a project, I will drive my wife nuts. I will post more pics as I get them uploaded.

af7tde.jpg

x0zhxl.jpg

av20dc.jpg

25iu0id.jpg

vrq8w9.jpg

2dj2q8g.jpg

5mik1z.jpg

mmel2g.jpg

qnad8l.jpg

66jmth.jpg

15znlvk.jpg

dj311

That is amazing. Nice job.

What is the approximate tongue weight and empty weight? Ground clearance?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeti1

That is amazing. Nice job.

What is the approximate tongue weight and empty weight? Ground clearance?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clearance is 19" from the ground to the bottom of the frame. Independent axles, so there is a lot of clearance under the center too. Not sure on weight since Georgia does not require it to be weighed. Based on the weight of the steel, I figure around 900 lbs. I can still move it around by myself. Pretty well balanced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles