The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Awesome thread. Many thanks to MG for the innovation and all those who have installed the seats, especially with L-track, and shared their experience here and in VANdiana's thread. I've learned a ton in preparation for installing in my EB. I have a few questions for those who installed with L-track.
1. Which style track did you use: Aircraft, Angled or Recessed? These all appear to be the same thickness, but I was wondering if they are equivalent in strength.
2. I see that US Cargo sells the Fastener Pack, which are the 1 1/2 inch bolts with washers. Did you use these, or something larger/longer/stronger, particularly if bolting through flooring, insulation, washers, etc.
3. The washers in the Fastener Pack seem rather small. Did you use these or something beefier, or even add a backer plate for more pull strength?
4. Just starting my build, so I haven't yet drilled through my van floor and was wondering if you were able to get bolts in every hole in the track, or if you encountered obstructions. Basically looking for any tips on not drilling into anything important below where the tracks line up based on Sienna seat base. I intend to install about 10', so can get cargo tie downs front to back when needed.

Thanks in advance to any advice. Apologies if these were previously addressed; I read through all of the Sienna related posts but may have missed something.

Questions for MG for sure.
I do know that towards the front seats he had to use some nutserts on VANdiana.
Instead of drilling holes in your floor, have you consider MG/ExpoVans' new steel floor plate setup? Much easier for using L-Track. MG can post some pics and I can't find any here.

Here's another source for the L-Track. The Decked-brand cargo drawer company uses their stuff; http://www.coretiedowns.com/product/tie-down-solutions

Smoker

Observer
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty far from Oregon and didn't know if MG's floor could be an option. If it's shippable I would definitely consider it. Thanks.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Instead of drilling holes in your floor, have you consider MG/ExpoVans' new steel floor plate setup?

Jeremy, does he have any pictures of this posted anywhere. I looked at both of his website and don't find anything for seats.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
All of my pics fell off the internet due to Photobucket. I'll post some here a little later. Gotta get some projects knocked out today first.

Lurkerlou

Well I have ordered Bases , even ordered the missing headrest for the Set of Seinna seats I found here in Canada for my upcoming trip in September.

I was very descriptive about the particular seats I needed and paid for these seats at an auto wrecker about a month ago as I've been out of town working for the last 2 months.

Yesterday I flew home , this morning I get up bright eyed and bushy tailed and head to this auto wrecker (1 1/2 hrs each way) fully expecting to pick up my new seats ............No.

Well said ************ who assured me he had the correct seats wasn't there , nor were my seats! Just some other grey leather Toyota seats with a Center console and jump seat.

So buddy there is explaining to me the seats I'm after don't exist and I must be mixed up. I was so mad he didn't say it twice.

Back to searching I guess , I already have the bases and spare headrests.

Long shot but if anyone in Canada or close to the border has a set of Grey leather Sienna seats you'd be a lifesaver.

Edit Huge Thanks to Ujoint off-road for getting the seat bases out to me , I picked them up today and they look great.

So final word I'm picking up a single seat about 1,276 miles away while on my trip ......all is good !

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty far from Oregon and didn't know if MG's floor could be an option. If it's shippable I would definitely consider it. Thanks.
Anything can be shipped. :)

Jeremy, does he have any pictures of this posted anywhere. I looked at both of his website and don't find anything for seats.
Pat, which seats would you like pics of? I have 4 2015 gray leather Sienna recliners in VANdiana.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Jeremy, I'm referring to whatever the 'new steel floor plate setup' is. I'm looking for something that will swivel, to bolt to the bottom of a couple of gray cloth Sienna recliners, if and when I ever find a pair.

I want to use them like small swivel recliners in my ambo/camper, and be able to move them around. They would be used to sit up in and eat or at the Comm Station, and then reposition them and lay back to watch TV or just take a nap.

No one will ever be sitting in them while it's moving, so they do not need to be anchored to the floor.

6door74

good evening,

i stumbled on this site while seeing if captain's chairs were available for my 2006 e350. I've spent the last hour looking through this thread and wow, thanks for all the info! Now, i have a question which i don't think has been directly asked/answered.......the rear brackets available for sale on Ujoint's website......is there modification that needs to be done to mount them in the row directly behind the front (driver/pass) seats? I see that they bolt right up for the front but i don't think i've seen that answer for the rear. I don't think I would go for the L-track installation (unless absolutely needed for my question below). I just purchased the van a week ago and i'm exploring different ways to make it the most suitable tow vehicle/road trip/expedition vehicle for us.

Also, I have a 12 passenger and want to retain as much passenger capacity as possible. The rear bench will be something i will probably take out but will want to keep if the needs calls for it. Has anyone done this mod and left the 2 benches behind in place? Has anyone done 2 rows of captain's chairs and left the last bench in the rear? Any pictures to show either set up would be great. Specifically the inside to see how much room is left between the seats and bench(es). Swivel and full recliners are not that important if getting fixed captain's chairs which will at least recline backwards are required.

thanks in advance

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Jeremy, I'm referring to whatever the 'new steel floor plate setup' is. I'm looking for something that will swivel, to bolt to the bottom of a couple of gray cloth Sienna recliners, if and when I ever find a pair.

I want to use them like small swivel recliners in my ambo/camper, and be able to move them around. They would be used to sit up in and eat or at the Comm Station, and then reposition them and lay back to watch TV or just take a nap.

No one will ever be sitting in them while it's moving, so they do not need to be anchored to the floor.

Ah Pat, this will be only for rear section of the E-Series vans. :(
Sounds like a cool idea for your camber tho!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
good evening,

i stumbled on this site while seeing if captain's chairs were available for my 2006 e350. I've spent the last hour looking through this thread and wow, thanks for all the info! Now, i have a question which i don't think has been directly asked/answered.......the rear brackets available for sale on Ujoint's website......is there modification that needs to be done to mount them in the row directly behind the front (driver/pass) seats? I see that they bolt right up for the front but i don't think i've seen that answer for the rear. I don't think I would go for the L-track installation (unless absolutely needed for my question below). I just purchased the van a week ago and i'm exploring different ways to make it the most suitable tow vehicle/road trip/expedition vehicle for us.

Also, I have a 12 passenger and want to retain as much passenger capacity as possible. The rear bench will be something i will probably take out but will want to keep if the needs calls for it. Has anyone done this mod and left the 2 benches behind in place? Has anyone done 2 rows of captain's chairs and left the last bench in the rear? Any pictures to show either set up would be great. Specifically the inside to see how much room is left between the seats and bench(es). Swivel and full recliners are not that important if getting fixed captain's chairs which will at least recline backwards are required.

thanks in advance

No mods required that I know of, they bolt to the factory bench seat mounting holes AFAIK.
I haven't used my bench seat in the back with the 2nd row of Sienna recliners, so I don't have any pics or measurements, sorry.

6door74

Got it. Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking for pics while I look for seats. There definitely wouldn't be room for recliners but a basic captain's chair might work and would suffice anyway.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
You'll have to drill new holes in the floor. The sienna seats take up considerably more space than a factory bench. I wouldn't use them if you need to use both rear benches as well. You'll need to mount them quite a bit further back than the first factory bench in order to climb in the side door, as you'll now have to get in front of and around the seat to get in and out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles