James Baroud Fan Failure

maust

After troubleshooting a second James Baroud solar fan, I am curious how much noise it generates on everyone else's rig. Initially the fan was very nice and quiet, not it thumps all night long. I'm hoping to get in touch with them Monday morning. Does any one have first hand experience replacing the fan unit?

aearles

Observer
There is a James Baroud Owners group on Facebook, someone recently posted about replacing or resealing the fan.

Mine is quiet and no problems so far, I've left it on and packed away the tent without noticing several times now and still no issues.

Dozer Dan

Observer
Interested in this as well. My fan was as good as silent for the first couple of months of ownership but now it's noisy as if the fan it catching something.

aearles

Observer
The blade is just pressed onto the shaft, easily tweaked or removed. Maybe pull it off and see if the noise is coming from the blade rubbing or from the motor itself?

maust

The blade is just pressed onto the shaft, easily tweaked or removed. Maybe pull it off and see if the noise is coming from the blade rubbing or from the motor itself?

Blade was completely removed, yet the noise remained. This was done initially as a suspected cause. JB seemed responsive today when I spoke with them. We shall see how this goes.

I just sent a FB request to join the group!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
The fan is something that sadly we do not build in house and now and then there are a few that do go bad. However, do not worry we have replacements on hand and replacement of the fan is super simple.

If you haven't already contacted Craig@jamesbaroudusa.com please do so and if i can assist with anything feel free to reach out.

concretejungle

Adventurer
They will send you a new one, just let them know. Very good customer service.

Mine was leaking after a trip and they just sent me a new one, no questions asked. It was very easy to install.

maust

The fan is something that sadly we do not build in house and now and then there are a few that do go bad. However, do not worry we have replacements on hand and replacement of the fan is super simple.

If you haven't already contacted Craig@jamesbaroudusa.com please do so and if i can assist with anything feel free to reach out.

Thank you, I have already called and spoke with you. Replacement fan is in route.

From initial trouble shooting it appears that there is an issue with the motor.

I'm planning on doing a full write up on the tent along with fan troubleshooting on a pending website.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Thank you, I have already called and spoke with you. Replacement fan is in route.

From initial trouble shooting it appears that there is an issue with the motor.

I'm planning on doing a full write up on the tent along with fan troubleshooting on a pending website.

Awesome, if there is anything else we can assist with please don't hesitate to ask. Looking forward to your write up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles