Great Deal on a 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser with a Vortec V-8 powerplant!

MexicoEcoResort

MexicoEcoResort
Thank You everyone that has shown interest in this vehicle.
My apologies for NOT being able to show the vehicle to anyone as of yet (Oct 5th, 2017)

Here is the "Why":
It is still for sale and it is my fault.
I have had over a dozen serious inquiries but listed it for sale in July.
Then within 10 days started a 12 week road trip through 11 states.

I left this vehicle on my friend's ranch in SE Arizona while I drove 12,000 miles and counting.

We ended up in North Alabama and have been caring for a very sick mother-in-law. This 4-6 week addition to our already long road trip meant I was always hundreds or over a thousand miles away from FJ-60 when folks wanted to see it.

At this time, I expect to be back Mid. November.

I believe the first person that sees it and drives it will buy it.

My life just got too busy and unpredictable for the tail end of Summer and Fall of 2017 to be able to stay there at that ranch (with no cell coverage) in SE Arizona.

Long story, but this is the "why" it is still available.

'It is a sad day, but Big Blue has to go.
Wife says I am just not using it enough to justify the space in the driveway and insurance.

It is a 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ 62 with a Chevrolet Vortec V-8 swap and upgraded by Expo Member Jason G.
I bought it a couple years back from him in Boise, ID and drove it down to Mexico and back to AZ. Not much over 2000 miles added.

It has a 4" lift, disc brakes all around, Old Man Emu suspension and BFG 35's and a spare on a swing out arm.
It has custom bull bar with lights and Warn 10 ton winch with synthetic line F55 coupling. It also has a custom roof rack.
The interior is in great shape. The previous owner added new seats and stereo w/ CD, USB, micro-jack inputs. He also added
an auxiliary battery system and an ARB air compressor to handle the air lockers front and rear. I have added new yellow top batteries.

It also has custom rock sliders and an ARB shade that swings out and allows for about 11' x 8' of shade. Perfect over the one-of-a-kind hammock
support that is integrated into the front and rear bumpers. With the steel tubes added you can hang one or two hammocks in the shade.

It has an extended range tank 45 gallons I think and a high velocity/pressure fuel pump with a psi gauge in the engine compartment.
He added dyno-liner, sound deadening insulation, did a thorough investigation for discovery of rust and none was found. He had the underbody and stripped interior undercoated. A 'Rhino-liner' type material was added to make it more scratch resistant and had all new door and window seals installed.

All glass is good except the mirror on the passenger side. I broke that by accident while adjusting it. There are also hidden compartments in the cargo and tailgate areas that stow $600 of recovery gear and tools out of sight. Back windows are tinted and it has a protective dash cover and a lockable steel center console. There are extra toggle switches to add more accessories if you desire more.

It is an awesome rig. I paid $18,500 I think and then added about $2,000 in additional upgrades. It has only been driven a couple thousand miles since I bought it. It passed emission inspection and drives nice and straight. Not as great on fuel economy as I had hoped. Best mpg has been around 20 and normal is in mid teens....so it is nice to have such a huge s.s. extended range tank. 179,000 on body and about 100k less on motor and tranny.

$15,000 o.b.o.

I will be in Tucson area next week. Contact me if you have any questions. Phone calls or emails work best...Darrin (256) 214-0633 cell
mexicoecoresort at gmail.com is my email address.

Here are some photos to start with: (more coming later in the month)
IMG_3356.jpg
IMG_3368.jpg
IMG_3370.jpg
DSC_0012.jpg
IMG_1598.jpg
IMG_1542.jpg

More images (40+) here on Google Drive https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4rx0PqWwOHPY3NKY2NSU2k2RHM

In many ways this has been upgraded like a TLC or ICON vehicle for a teeny tiny fraction of the price.
Best deal for $15 grand for Toyota Land Cruiser enthusiasts that want more power and range.

Info from a couple years ago when I bought it from Expo Member. His listing had stated more details than I could recall.
Very clean Land Cruiser, body is Monsta-Lined, great for the trail and super easy to clean. The minimal amount of rust it had was cut out, replaced with good metal and fiberglassed over before liner was applied. The rear frame channels have been cleaned and copious amounts of POR 15 applied, frame and body are rust free. Doors seal up nice and tight with the Wagongear door seals and the windows/doors are all functional as expected. The interior is in great shape with no tears in the seats, the dash has a very small crack, and I have put a Dash Mat over it to preserve the quality of the dash.

The Vortec 5.3L is a pleasure to drive, I have spent an extensive amount of time with 208 Motorsports tuning the ECM and Transmission to run and shift better than factory. The 5.3L flat out hauls *** with the custom exhaust and tuned ECM, people stop me all the time to ask about the engine, it sounds great, nice and throaty around town, but becomes nice and quiet running down the highway. I have been through this Cruiser top to bottom and it is in tip-top condition and needs absolutely nothing, I would not hesitate to hop in and drive across country. It gets roughly 14-15 mpg in town and I have gotten over 17 running 65-70 on the highway. The 38 gallon fuel tank is awesome; not having to worry about fuel is something I truly enjoy, especially in the back country. The Cruiser drives perfect, we have 80 mph speed limits in Idaho and I run with traffic no problem, the combination of OME heavy springs, Bilstein shocks and IPOR seats offer a plush ride for hours on end. The whole Cruiser is completely dialed in and is a pleasure to drive in town or on the freeway, it is my daily driver so the mileage will change over time. Here are a few specs:

· 5.3L Vortec from 2004 GMC Sierra, Engine and Trans. had 43K when Purchased, I have all the Paperwork.

· Custom Tuned ECM by 208 Motorsports Runs Absolutely Perfect!

· New Water Pump and Belts Installed About a Month Ago. (New not Reman NAPA Gold Lifetime Warranty)

· 4L60E Transmission, Shifts Perfect.

· AA to Toyota Transfer-Case, Rebuilt and Re-Sealed the Transfer-Case 3 Weeks ago.

· Custom 1 ½”x.250” Wall Cross Member and Skid Plate, Uses Stock Mount.

· Camaro Exhaust Manifolds with Custom 2 - 2 1/2” into 3” Single Catalytic Converter with Magnaflow Muffler, 2 - O2 Sensors after Manifolds. Sounds Awesome! Passes Idaho Emissions and I Have a Letter from Idaho Air Quality Board Stating it Does Not Require the Air Injection Pump. Check your own State Requirements.

· 175,xxx on the Cruiser, Swap Performed at 143K, Roughly 32K on the swap or 75K on drivetrain

· 4:10's with ARB Air Lockers from JT's Installed at 145K, Rear End Received New Bearings and Seals at about 170k (had leaking axle seal). Front is a 80 Series 3rd member

· New CV Rear Driveshaft, Rear Pinion Angle is Perfect with New Axle Pads Welded to Axle. (No Shims) and zero driveshaft vibrations.

· 4 Crawler 1” Body Lift.

· New Front & Rear Brakes, Front Received New Rotors.

· ARB Air Compressor Mounted in Engine Compartment, Stainless Steel Lines Ran to ARB's.

· LRA (38 gallon) with In-Tank Whalboro 400 LPH Fuel Pump, Corvette Filter Regulator Mounted on Frame. Fuel Pressure Gauge Mounted on Fuel Rail to Monitor Fuel Pressure.

· AC Functional Through Stock Controls and Blows Ice Cold.

· Cruise Control Works Perfect Through Momentary Switch Mounted on Dash.

· OBDII Port Inside Cab for Diagnostics, I have Wifi OBDII and Dash Command for my iPhone to Monitor Everything.

· Volvo Electric Fan (Same as Ford Taurus) Mounted to Stock Shroud Controlled by GM ECU. The Volvo Fan and Relays are a Ground Source Relay, Exactly the Same as the GM Fan. Moves a ton of Air, Never Overheated on Me.

· FJ62 Radiator with Trans Cooler and Secondary Trans Cooler Mounted Behind Grill, Secondary Trans Filter Mounted on Return Line.

· Remote Power Steering Cooler.

· Hellroaring Dual Battery Set Up, Back-Up Battery is a Red Top Optima.

· ARB Headlight (H4) Upgrade from Cruiser Outfitters.

· Chromoly Front Shafts.

· Marlin ECO seals.

· Brake Dust Shields Eliminated.

· 4Runner Caliper and T100 MC Brake Upgrade, Stops Incredible!

· Chromoly Rear Shafts.

· OME Heavy Springs Front & Rear.

· Front & Rear Biltstein Shocks with Ford Shock Towers.

· IPOR Front Seats with 1" Height Added.

· Tuffy Center Consol with Sony Stereo, XM, IPOD etc.

· SOR Rubber Rear Mat and Rear Seat Back.

· Custom Rear Side Panels with Storage.

· Gamiviti Roof Rack, with Quick Fist Clamps for Hammock Poles.

· 4+ Front Bumper, with KC Day Lighters.

· Custom Switch Panel Mounted in Dash with 7 Carling Rocker Switches, 2 are ARB’s.

· M8 Warn Winch, with Rope and Factor 55 Fairlead and Thimble.

· Interior Lined with Dynamat (doors as well).

· Tinted Windows.

· LEB Bulbs Inside and Out.

· Wagongear Tailgate Lid.

· Wagongear Door Seals all the Way Around.

· 4Runner Rear Bumper Kit with Swing Away.

· Custom Hammock Hanging Poles Fabricated into Bumpers. No Need for Trees!

· Tacoma sliders welded to Frame.

· Brand New 35X12.5X15 BFG All-Terrains on 15x8 Black Wheels, Correct Backspacing with No Rubbing, New Matching Spare as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3420.jpg
    IMG_3420.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

MexicoEcoResort

MexicoEcoResort
I have taken a 10 week trip in the Rockies and PNW in my 100 series. So from July 25th - October ? it will be at my ranch in AZ.
I will do a few maintenance items and detail it and put it back for sale then. If all goes according to plan.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I'm running out of breath just reading about this truck. It should be gone already.
Lucky new owner who gets this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles