Tires: Falken at3w

buellconvert

I don't have the at3w, but I do have the Falken Wildpeak A/T that apparently isn't made anymore, but if this new tire is anywhere as good as the model I have on my truck, you won't be disappointed in the least
65485f59a054d5f91fa5c0cedb7f8eb6.jpg

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using Tapatalk

bahncamperworks

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
I have a set on a Dodge 3500. They are a good tire, not super aggressive, quiet. I am a pretty die hard discoverer STT fan but tied these as they were a lot less expensive. They are a good alternative especially if you spend more time on the road than on the loose stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MOguy

Explorer
I am currently running super swampers bias ply but they need to be replaced. Before that I had TrXus Mts. My jeep used to be more of a weekend warrior and I used to do more hard core wheeling at off road parks.

Now I am spending more time in the jeep and doing far less aggressive off roading. I still want a sidewall that is built to take more abuse and Falken claims to have a better sidewall. I have a friend that sells tires (this is whom I will be buying them from) that also feels these have a more durable sidewalls then other ATs.

I have lockers and a winch and I don't head out alone. I am not worried about the loss in traction and I am looking forward to a tire that won't wear as fast and has better road manners.

Last edited:

HotNotch

I have a set on my Yota. Heavy compared the the nexen a/t's that were on there, but very quiet, drove well, and had good grip in the snow/mud. Would buy them again.

Kiriesh

Adventurer
I'm running a set on my tacoma. One of the best AT's I've ever used in snow, quiet on road and grips well in the rain.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Been using them for almost a year on my 'Burb. I like them a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
I have a set on a Dodge 3500. They are a good tire, not super aggressive, quiet. I am a pretty die hard discoverer STT fan but tied these as they were a lot less expensive. They are a good alternative especially if you spend more time on the road than on the loose stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Been using them for almost a year on my 'Burb. I like them a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance you guys would have time to expound on this?
I'm considering these for an '07 Ram 2500 Cummins CCSB, but a lot of our trails are loose rocky dirt ascents / descents.
I've got some pretty good experience with the S/T Maxx on a JKU, and feel it may be a bit too aggressive tread to pull a 5th wheel. So looking for a bit more compromise, but not at the risk of damaging trails.
So this tire has my definite interest.
Thanks! :beer:

Hnoroian

Observer
Though you are heavier, not too far of a stretch but my 14 ram 1500 (ccsb 4x4 5.7L) loaded up and pulling a 27' bumper pull (~7k) near the same area as you would be fine and think it would be a great middle ground and good mileage wear. I've probably been in or near the same areas as you and it really isn't much different than some of the areas as here.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Though you are heavier, not too far of a stretch but my 14 ram 1500 (ccsb 4x4 5.7L) loaded up and pulling a 27' bumper pull (~7k) near the same area as you would be fine and think it would be a great middle ground and good mileage wear. I've probably been in or near the same areas as you and it really isn't much different than some of the areas as here.

Great input, Thanks! :beer:
We've probably been on a lot of the same trails. Maybe even at the same time.
If you see a Maroon ram 2500 CC-SB with a black German Shepherd's head stuck out the window, and some goofy looking guy behind the wheel... that would be us.
Give a shout out. :beer:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
We haven't done a lot of "off roading" but we've been on some muddy roads and trails (most recently up above Fairplay) pulling a 15' travel trailer and I've been very happy with the way the AT3W's have performed. The tread pattern is nearly as aggressive as the BFG AT KO2 (which was my first choice) but the cost was almost $40/tire less, so I saved $200 or more by going with the Falkens.
We didn't get a ton of snow last year, maybe 2 or 3 good storms but the Falkens performed very well in that, too.
We've done a lot of long drives on the Falkens and I'm pleased with their wet weather road performance and they are reasonably quiet as well.
Overall I think they're a bargain, would definitely buy them again.

MOguy

Explorer
I got them on and they ride really nice,Icompletely different vehicle compared to when I had the Super Swampers on it. I haven't had a chance to get it off fraud yet but on the road they're great.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
We haven't done a lot of "off roading" but we've been on some muddy roads and trails (most recently up above Fairplay) pulling a 15' travel trailer and I've been very happy with the way the AT3W's have performed. The tread pattern is nearly as aggressive as the BFG AT KO2 (which was my first choice) but the cost was almost $40/tire less, so I saved $200 or more by going with the Falkens.
We didn't get a ton of snow last year, maybe 2 or 3 good storms but the Falkens performed very well in that, too.
We've done a lot of long drives on the Falkens and I'm pleased with their wet weather road performance and they are reasonably quiet as well.
Overall I think they're a bargain, would definitely buy them again.

Thanks Martin. That's good input. You guys can get that slushy snowy/icy stuff too, which is pretty tough for any tire, so good input. :beer:

I got them on and they ride really nice,Icompletely different vehicle compared to when I had the Super Swampers on it. I haven't had a chance to get it off fraud yet but on the road they're great.

Congrats! I had a set of Swampers on a K5 Blazer, so I understand where you're coming from. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles