Smittybilt Scout Trailer Reviews?

Silverback07

Adventurer
I mounted my rear jacks on the RTT mount. Seems to be a good place.

IMG_9351.jpg

IMG_9350.jpg

Tkhawk

Adventurer
@silverback07 thanks, that's a great place for the jacks! What's the dimensions or part number for those side boxes? I'm itching to get my trailer!

georgiadrifter

Observer
Those SB trailers look nice. Not quite comparing apples-to-apples.....but consider a www.morrismule.com.

$4000 price point, built in the USA by I dependent builder and best of all....it only weighs 600-lbs vs 1500 for the SB. I pull my Mule with a 4.0 liter V6 4Runner. I couldn't imagine off-roading with a 1500-lb plus cargo beast.

Midnightsun

Adventurer
I like your Jack storage Silverback. I need to figure out how to carry kayaks along with the rtt. I'll prob modify the tent rack somehow. I want my trailer to. As far as a Morris mule? It would take me a month with a torch to get the trailer set up so I could get at my cargo. My idea of a thinking mans trailer is side doors and sliders. The SB trailer is a great platform to get started. My opinion but made in USA is awesome and SB is not.

Tkhawk

Adventurer
@Georgiadrifter, I looked at and considered the Morris long and hard. I even tried to pickup a used one but someone beat me to it. The side doors and sliders is what really won me over on the Scout, along with being able to fit larger tires to match my Jeep. I'm running 35's now and will probably eventually end up with 37's. If I was able to modify the Morris enough to fit the larger tires, reaching over the bed side to reach items in the front of the trailer would become very difficult.

Thanks Silverback07!!!

rnArmy

Adventurer
Link to box. https://www.amazon.com/Dee-Zee-M207...502373086&sr=8-1&keywords=dee+zee+atv+toolbox

Note this thing is NOT designed to sit in this direction, its aluminum and if you put large heavy items in it I'm sure it would bend. I added some large fender washers to each mounting bolt and only plan to store light weight items inside it. I would not store tools or spare parts inside it. JMHO.

But it would probably be perfect for things like folding camping chairs and such - bulky stuff you might want ready access to.

Silverback07

Adventurer
I wonder if this one would work better, it's an underbed box so it should have a better bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/JOBOX-1-002002-Black-Steel-Underbed/dp/B001V92QC4/ref=pd_sbs_263_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001V92QC4&pd_rd_r=GC5ANQWJ6T7BNMD0800P&pd_rd_w=j2EZ1&pd_rd_wg=esfA4&psc=1&refRID=GC5ANQWJ6T7BNMD0800P

But wow those things are expensive! I might be waiting awhile until I add extra boxes.

I looked at those.. they are very nice and would be a better alternative. I think it may be just a smidge too long. IIRC the space between the two RTT support brackets is just under 36".. the Dee Zee box is about 35" wide at the base (lid is wider). The Jobox is 36" wide and would not fit without some more modifications to the main box. But one could easily cut off those the rearmost RTT supports and reweld them back on for a wider stance and more space allowing the Jobox to be used.

Silverback07

Adventurer
I looked at those.. they are very nice and would be a better alternative. I think it may be just a smidge too long. IIRC the space between the two RTT support brackets is just under 36".. the Dee Zee box is about 35" wide at the base (lid is wider). The Jobox is 36" wide and would not fit without some more modifications to the main box. But one could easily cut off those the rearmost RTT supports and reweld them back on for a wider stance and more space allowing the Jobox to be used.

Just verified, the space between the two supports is 35.75". So the Jobox ones would be a very tight squeeze and probably require some more fabrication.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94