My Tundra Build

rshuckfinn

Adventurer
What are your thoughts on the Bilsteins so far? I'm ordering suspension components this week and still debating between the 6112's and a higher end coilover like Icon or King.

rruff

Explorer
1. crewmax doesn't have the space like you because of the larger gas tank (38 gallon) and other items
2. The spare is useless due to larger tires on the truck than stock. You can't run a different size tire especially in 4wd because lot's of drivetrain issues come about.

I didn't realize the large gas tank extended under the cab on the CM, but looking at it now, where else could it go? Still you should have plenty of space farther forward under the driver? I'm not saying that is a great spot for batteries, but I feel like something ought to go there. Plenty of room for lithiums but big AGMs might hang down too far. It would be a good place for heavy storage that you very rarely (if ever) need to access.

Your tires are a little under 34" and they should fit in the spare tire carrier under the truck. At least I've heard of people mounting 35s there (guide brackets need trimming), but I haven't tried it. I don't think mounting the batteries in that spot is a bad idea at all, though.

Your truck looks nice! Good luck with your build.

What are your thoughts on the Bilsteins so far? I'm ordering suspension components this week and still debating between the 6112's and a higher end coilover like Icon or King.

I like them overall.. nothing compares to real coil-overs though in my opinion... although there are some drawbacks..

I didn't realize the large gas tank extended under the cab on the CM, but looking at it now, where else could it go? Still you should have plenty of space farther forward under the driver? I'm not saying that is a great spot for batteries, but I feel like something ought to go there. Plenty of room for lithiums but big AGMs might hang down too far. It would be a good place for heavy storage that you very rarely (if ever) need to access.

Your tires are a little under 34" and they should fit in the spare tire carrier under the truck. At least I've heard of people mounting 35s there (guide brackets need trimming), but I haven't tried it. I don't think mounting the batteries in that spot is a bad idea at all, though.

Your truck looks nice! Good luck with your build.

I test fitted the 5th wheel and because of the shackles being so beefy and wide it would have been possible but the 5th wheel would have hung way to low..just didn't seem the best

thanks and i will try an update this as much as possible for others to use as a source for sure

bkg

Explorer
How much space is between your sliders and the front of the box? If its less than 3/4", watch for rubbing. I had (early) AP's on my 2015 crewmax and the bed would flex into the slider on one side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles