*RickRunner* - Rickashay's 05 T4R

BanksyB31

Rigs looking good... looks like it's got some proper protection there. Will you be doing a rear tire carrier on this vehicle and what in store to level that rear end?

rickashay

Explorer
Rigs looking good... looks like it's got some proper protection there. Will you be doing a rear tire carrier on this vehicle and what in store to level that rear end?

Thanks, you nailed it. Full aluminum skids (including gastank) I'm prototype testing for Element Fabrication. Also their new bolt on sliders. More info to come on all those.

The photo makes the rake look worse than it is but there is definitely some rake. Hoping a rear bumper would lower it down but part of my problem is that I don't want to run more lift in the front like most people do to level it out. I'm only at like 1.5" of lift in the front and thats right where I want it TBH. I do have 700lb Icon coils in my garage to reduce the preload fully and then I might bump it to 2" of lift but no more. Need rear locker (and maybe gears) and a hardshell RTT before the rear bumper though. All in time.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Oddly enough, I like the rake! I assume your rear end is fairly empty and light in the picture. So, fully loaded would probably be level. Nothing worse than sagging in the rear. (So many possible innuendos) lol

rickashay

Explorer
No one likes a saggy rear ;)

Wanted to post a couple more photos from last week. We were out doing some filming for our Cooper Tires video as well as for Element Fabrication (out of Edmonton). Two very cool projects in the works and I will post the final edits up once we are done.

Notes on Suspension

I must say that RickRunner has been quite impressive. The Icon suspension has won me over as of writing this. I can't speak to the longevity (yet) but I am really liking the digressive valving and I seem to be able to drive faster on the gravel/logging roads and with more confidence than in my previous vehicles. I will say it's not apples vs. apples as the platofrm is obviously different. I need to get the VSC mod done because that was holding me back at speed. It didnt seem to like it when I tried to swedish-flick at 50 mph. Definitely looking more closely at doing the rear Icon 2.5's this fall.

The aluminum skids from Element are great. Absolutely love all the protection while still keeping weight at bay. For my uses the 1/4" aluminum is more than enough protection. I had the full weight of the truck on the belly skid while getting high-centered. After the recovery the skids still looked perfectly fine with only the faintest indication of a weight bearing impact. Plus the raw aluminum looks ************ ;). Two little details I really appreciate over other brands is the "puzzle" interlocking cuts that each of the skids use to interlock with one another and also the extra width of the front skid to help keep the front alignment hardware on the LCA's out of harms way. IMO the RCI skids don't do a good enough job of protecting this area, thus part of the need for their LCA skids. My $0.02

Cool shot of a water crossing. This photo was taken AFTER I came out of it. Water came up to the top of the grille and definitely made me pucker. Easily a 4-4.5 ft. crossing. Hopefully some video of it shows up soon ;)

_MG_1195.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

_08I0562.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

_08I0303.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

_08I0559.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

Winding down:

_08I0548.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

Meet #Bruce. My brother Chase's Team Tamarack 00' Tacoma. No lift and 33x12's:

_MG_1272.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

_08I0504 by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

On a more personal note, my move has been completed and I am not living in the beautiful town of Nelson BC. So many trails to explore. Just a taste of why I moved out here... Nelson sitting in the valley below with Kokanee Glacier in the background).

_08I0629.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

No one likes a saggy rear ;)

Wanted to post a couple more photos from last week. We were out doing some filming for our Cooper Tires video as well as for Element Fabrication (out of Edmonton). Two very cool projects in the works and I will post the final edits up once we are done.

Notes on Suspension

I must say that RickRunner has been quite impressive. The Icon suspension has won me over as of writing this. I can't speak to the longevity (yet) but I am really liking the digressive valving and I seem to be able to drive faster on the gravel/logging roads and with more confidence than in my previous vehicles. I will say it's not apples vs. apples as the platofrm is obviously different. I need to get the VSC mod done because that was holding me back at speed. It didnt seem to like it when I tried to swedish-flick at 50 mph. Definitely looking more closely at doing the rear Icon 2.5's this fall.

The aluminum skids from Element are great. Absolutely love all the protection while still keeping weight at bay. For my uses the 1/4" aluminum is more than enough protection. I had the full weight of the truck on the belly skid while getting high-centered. After the recovery the skids still looked perfectly fine with only the faintest indication of a weight bearing impact. Plus the raw aluminum looks ************ ;). Two little details I really appreciate over other brands is the "puzzle" interlocking cuts that each of the skids use to interlock with one another and also the extra width of the front skid to help keep the front alignment hardware on the LCA's out of harms way. IMO the RCI skids don't do a good enough job of protecting this area, thus part of the need for their LCA skids. My $0.02

Cool shot of a water crossing. This photo was taken AFTER I came out of it. Water came up to the top of the grille and definitely made me pucker. Easily a 4-4.5 ft. crossing. Hopefully some video of it shows up soon ;)

_MG_1195.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

_08I0562.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

_08I0303.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

_08I0559.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

Winding down:

_08I0548.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

Meet #Bruce. My brother Chase's Team Tamarack 00' Tacoma. No lift and 33x12's:

_MG_1272.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

_08I0504 by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

On a more personal note, my move has been completed and I am not living in the beautiful town of Nelson BC. So many trails to explore. Just a taste of why I moved out here... Nelson sitting in the valley below with Kokanee Glacier in the background).

_08I0629.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr
Nelson BC looks like the place for me.

rickashay

Explorer
Nelson BC looks like the place for me.

Not much to not like about it. Sometimes I hate mentioning it cause I don't want it to turn into another Banff that is overrun with tourists. Nelson is truly a special place. Character for days, extremely low-key and relaxed, and honestly one of the most beautiful areas I've ever been to. The skiing is legendary as well.

Amazing, definitely jealous :drool: Congrats on the move!
SaveSave
SaveSave

Thanks Ryan! Hopefully one day we can meet again for a couple beers. Colossal 2018??

Cause I'm in a photo posting mood:

_MG_1304.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

One of my favorite campsites on the water:

_DSC0462 by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

Pretty stoked on the LumenNoodle:

_DSC0472 by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

It's always worth it in the end to choose the harder path ;)

_MG_1250.jpg by Tamarack Media Co., on Flickr

BanksyB31

Nice... Nelson looks pretty dreamy! Are you sold on a RTT for this rig? I'm fighting it because I feel like I want to keep that space available for stuff I don't want inside the truck. Also want that space available for moving state to state a few times a year as we travel for work. The convenience of them is undeniable though.

soonenough

Explorer
Thanks Ryan! Hopefully one day we can meet again for a couple beers. Colossal 2018??
I'd love to, gotta get my suspension and PM work sorted later this year, and begin planning a 2018 trip to BC/AB. I may be back up in Calgary in the next couple months for more testing for work, but I think Nelson is a pretty good drive from Calgary.

Adventurous

Explorer
Not much to not like about it. Sometimes I hate mentioning it cause I don't want it to turn into another Banff that is overrun with tourists. Nelson is truly a special place. Character for days, extremely low-key and relaxed, and honestly one of the most beautiful areas I've ever been to. The skiing is legendary as well.

Trying to convince the wife that moving to Canada would be a much better idea than going to Vermont. Too bad her parents are on the East Coast otherwise I think she might bite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94