Coleman Addiction.....for pesants. ha ha ha!

Buckshot62

Observer
Nice 220 D . I just picked up a 202 professional at the local second hand store. No pics yet as I am working 12 hour days.

dcg141

Adventurer
Nice 220 D . I just picked up a 202 professional at the local second hand store. No pics yet as I am working 12 hour days.

I would love to get a 202. Bid on a nice one on e-bay last week but it went for more than I was comfortable with. They are starting to get very pricey.

Buckshot62

Observer
I got lucky . This one must have been set out right after I left the store.Went back 3 days later and found it.( they use a date code for when it is put out.)Thought it was a 200 Canadian at first. Looked it over and found the 202 (55-1) and carried it all over the store until we were finished shopping. First one I have ever seen. This store seems to come across some nice ones. So far it has produced 2- 200A's,a 222 Canadian and this 202. Not counting a 426B 3 burner stove.

Attachments

• 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 202-1.jpg
    202-1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 38

dcg141

Adventurer
I got lucky . This one must have been set out right after I left the store.Went back 3 days later and found it.( they use a date code for when it is put out.)Thought it was a 200 Canadian at first. Looked it over and found the 202 (55-1) and carried it all over the store until we were finished shopping. First one I have ever seen. This store seems to come across some nice ones. So far it has produced 2- 200A's,a 222 Canadian and this 202. Not counting a 426B 3 burner stove.

Score!!

dcg141

Adventurer
I now have a 228C in really decent shape and working and the last of the 220's. A K that looks brand new with the box. Its missing the vent so I got it really cheap. Looking for a 70's vent now to go with it.

Stryder106

Explorer
We have a Coleman white fuel lantern and a Coleman 3 Burner white fuel stove. I love the lantern and stove, but am considering switching to a Propane 2 burner stove just for the space savings. But, I'm nostalgic so I'm struggling with that one. We also have two old flannel lined Coleman sleeping bags that we zip together, but we just got a RTT so I picked up a more modern double that can compress down enough to fit inside.
//
We have a StarCraft PUP trailer as well that we base camped with for years. Now that we are doing the more mobile and remote thing - it may get sold. Too bad really, it's in awesome shape and is fun to camp in - so long as I can take pavement to the campground.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I would love to get a 202. Bid on a nice one on e-bay last week but it went for more than I was comfortable with. They are starting to get very pricey.

Yeah, I have to say it's starting to become a PITA to find anything decent anymore. When I see a run of the mill mid-70's 220 being advertised as a "rare antique" (when it is neither one) and offered for $75 then I start to wonder if I just want to pick one decent stove, once decent lantern and just sell the rest. Coleman collecting is a fun hobby when it's cheap but if it's going to be expensive I'll move on to something else.

Buckshot62

Observer
Seems to get more expensive every day. I don't get in a hurry and only buy the good deals that come my way.My wife says collection all of the time. I am not a collector...just adding to the herd !

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yeah, I have to say it's starting to become a PITA to find anything decent anymore. When I see a run of the mill mid-70's 220 being advertised as a "rare antique" (when it is neither one) and offered for $75 then I start to wonder if I just want to pick one decent stove, once decent lantern and just sell the rest. Coleman collecting is a fun hobby when it's cheap but if it's going to be expensive I'll move on to something else.

Yep...next up OZARK TRAIL collecting!!!!!

Backroad Joe

When overlanding in my old (1968) Jeep I use a single burner dual fuel stove. Makes sense as the fuel supply is relatively endless. I've got plenty of Coleman stuff in the garage.

dcg141

Adventurer

I bought a 202 in decent shape on E-bay for a really good price. It had a buy it now price and I jumped on it.

crusaderJK

Adventurer
As a european collector it's even harder to find lanterns at a good price. Have yet to find one in the wild, but have made some really good deals online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles