Fires, Tires, 'n Bears Eh? Ooh YeyyaahhH!!- Trip Report

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Do you have the list of roads or a GPS track for this? Looks like a trip to Alaska in 2018, so this might be a good side track coming home.

I sadly don't have GPS, although you can get the GPS track for the WABDR route from the BDR site. Whipsaw is also just off of a Wiki page. Not sure on Moly sorry. I'd think you'd be able to find GPS data on it though.

I tried to document our route as best i could through the report including our alterations to the WABDR, I just don't have a GPS file to show it. Only road names in the story i wrote.

My Utah trip is the first one i have GPS data on the trails we took.

Wilbah

Adventurer
Thank you so much for sharing your trips. Both the write-ups and the photography are great. I really enjoy them. I know it's not easy to put them together for everyone so thank you!

kamicrazy99

Just finished reading through all your trip reports, as the others have said you are an incredible story teller and photographer. Thanks for providing the entertainment for a slow week at work! This report was my favorite though, as ironically enough living in BC, I've done the WABDR but none of the Canadian trails, so thanks for the ideas as well!
13690996_10154348336636060_2650913077991193473_o.jpg

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Just finished reading through all your trip reports, as the others have said you are an incredible story teller and photographer. Thanks for providing the entertainment for a slow week at work! This report was my favorite though, as ironically enough living in BC, I've done the WABDR but none of the Canadian trails, so thanks for the ideas as well!
View attachment 407990

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it! Good to see you getting out and about.

The Alberta Bound report has a lot of killer stuff up by you. You like in some epic country.

westyss

Explorer
Great trip report and awesome pictures! Really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

The ferry you took over the Fraser river was a reaction ferry, no motor, uses the flow of water to go back and forth. Pretty cool!
21287590245_d73582fab7_h.jpg

And from Wiki:
Technically, the ferry is a reaction ferry, which is propelled by the current of the water. An overhead cable is suspended from towers anchored on either bank of the river, and a "traveller" is installed on the cable. The ferry is attached to the traveller by a bridle cable. To operate the ferry, rudders are used to ensure that the pontoons are angled into the current, causing the force of the current to move the ferry across the river.[2]

A few years back we did the WABDR and also the Whipsaw on another trip so its great to read up on it. The Whip seems to have been tamed a bit from what I heard but still a nice area.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Great trip report and awesome pictures! Really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

The ferry you took over the Fraser river was a reaction ferry, no motor, uses the flow of water to go back and forth. Pretty cool!
21287590245_d73582fab7_h.jpg

And from Wiki:
Technically, the ferry is a reaction ferry, which is propelled by the current of the water. An overhead cable is suspended from towers anchored on either bank of the river, and a "traveller" is installed on the cable. The ferry is attached to the traveller by a bridle cable. To operate the ferry, rudders are used to ensure that the pontoons are angled into the current, causing the force of the current to move the ferry across the river.[2]

A few years back we did the WABDR and also the Whipsaw on another trip so its great to read up on it. The Whip seems to have been tamed a bit from what I heard but still a nice area.

Yeah was a super cool ferry!!

The Whipsaw was definetly not challenging at all. But it was still super fun!

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Last edited:

Montaska

Ugh, I didn't want the story to end! Spent a large chunk of my day reading through it all and it did not disappoint!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Ugh, I didn't want the story to end! Spent a large chunk of my day reading through it all and it did not disappoint!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Can always read all the other ones :) Pretty much a short novel at this point with all of them..

also..sweet screen name! HA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles