Coleman Addiction.....for pesants. ha ha ha!

BMWJNKY

It's loosing pressure somewhere, and the cap gasket is a likely spot. If it's an older 426 with the 3 piece cap, it's worth saving the cap, and I can help you do that-in in Sacramento too.

If it's a 1 piece cap, you can replace the gasket, but it's likely easier to just get a new cap.

If you could help me that would be great, I think it is a 3 piece cap. I'd like to have it working like it should before I start going camping again in a few months. It would also be nice to have the bigger stove at my company camping trip since all we currently have smaller 2 burner stoves. Is there a tune up kit I should order for it as well to get it working like new again?

Buckshot62

Observer
Damn..this is getting out of hand..I have 4 lanterns now
Tell me about it...19 lanterns and 8 stoves ! I am working nights this weekend. When I got up there was a dusty 220 F sitting on the kitchen table. Wife said I couldn't pass it up for 2 dollars!

SidecarFlip

3 for me. A newer white gas lantern, a catalytic pot heater (for in my deer blind) and a Peak stove I use in the shop to heat quenching oil when I case harden tool steel. I have one of those really fancy lanterns that run on about anything but I've never used it. Still in the case upstairs in my 'toy' room where I keep my toys that go bang.

I don't 'collect' If I have no use for something it gets sold. Probably should peddle the fancy lantern as well. Never gonna use it.

dcg141

Adventurer
I rotate them and use them all. Even use them when we have friends over in the outdoor spaces. I did give one of my stoves to my son.

crusaderJK

Adventurer
I use all of those that run. Some are for the outdoors, while the nicer are for use around the house.
Have over 30 lanterns and about 20 stoves.

Hobiecat

Observer
We've got a 425 that really works out well for when my wife and I go out, but really isn't big enough when we take another couple or two. Anyone know if coleman ever made an over sized single burner stove that could complement the 425 until I find a 3 burner at a garage sale?

Or more importantly, how big of a skillet can I get on a single burner? My thought is that we can throw a griddle on the 425 and a skillet on a single burner and make some epic meals.

And I've got a Coleman sailboat. That trumps everything else....

Last edited:

crusaderJK

Adventurer
We've got a 425 that really works out well for when my wife and I go out, but really isn't big enough when we take another couple or two. Anyone know if coleman ever made an over sized single burner stove that could complement the 425 until I find a 3 burner at a garage sale?

Or more importantly, how big of a skillet can I get on a single burner? My thought is that we can throw a griddle on the 425 and a skillet on a single burner and make some epic meals.

And I've got a Coleman sailboat. That trumps everything else....
Look for a 500 single burner. It's much bigger than the later models and has an awesome burner with good flame adjustment....YOU'LL LOVE IT!!
The grate is 7" in diameter, so you can even use bigger skillets on it.

White one is the 500 model. You'll more likely find it painted green or nickel plated.
IMG_20170426_2220357.jpg

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
About 3 years ago while I was gone on a motorcycle trip the wife picked up a 500 stove and the accompanying heat drum at a yard sale for..... $1.00. :wings:

Hobiecat

Observer
Look for a 500 single burner. It's much bigger than the later models and has an awesome burner with good flame adjustment....YOU'LL LOVE IT!!
The grate is 7" in diameter, so you can even use bigger skillets on it.

White one is the 500 model. You'll more likely find it painted green or nickel plated.
View attachment 405253

Ohhhh.....A 500 sounds like a good compliment for my 425. Is the white one powder coated?

crusaderJK

Adventurer
Ohhhh.....A 500 sounds like a good compliment for my 425. Is the white one powder coated?

No, it is painted. They were nickel plated first, but during WWII they had to change to painted founts. Looks like only the first run was painted white. Every white one I've seen dated to the second half of 1941.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles