EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Electrical Compartment & Misc. Details

DSCN2512.JPG

(above) Finally hooked up the bar light, via relay, appropriate size wired, dedicated circuit, etc... You could find a lost screw in the street 100' away at midnight with this thing...

DSCN2511.JPG

(above) Not finished... Extended ceiling up front... The lighting is from a single led strip light behind the seats, up high...

DSCN2510.JPG

(above) Dedicated circuit, etc...

DSCN2509.JPG

(above) Rear spot light at dusk...

DSCN2508.JPG

(above) Awning lights... Brighter than you would expect from such tiny lights...

DSCN2507.JPG

(above) Awning lights on both sides of the vehicle..

DSCN2506.JPG

(above) Interior rear cabin... Driver side...

DSCN2505.JPG

(above) Interior rear cabin, passenger side...

DSCN2504.JPG

(above) Porch lights... At the step-in, there is a hidden single spot light pointing down...

DSCN2503.JPG

(above) Rear cabin, diver side wall...

DSCN2502.JPG

(above) Rear cabin, passenger side wall...

DSCN2501.JPG

(above) Hot and cold, 20+ gallons under the floor and jump-seat... Drains over the rear tire into a bucket...

DSCN2500.JPG

(above) Electrical compartment behind the driver seat... Looking at (L>R) petrol air heater, battery charger, 1800 watt inverter, fuses , circuit breakers, relay, and wiring... Twin 100 ah batteries hidden under the floor...

DSCN2499.JPG

(above) (L>R) Supplemental fan for refrigerator ventilation temperature controlled switch, petrol air heater, etc...

DSCN2498.JPG

(above)(L>R) Rear door hidden on left, wiring, fuse panel for rear 12v DC, fridge fan controller, etc... Still need to loom the wires...

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
What kind of lights are the ones on the sides? Where did you get them?

Love the angled windows in the roof. Especially that they are above the awning when it is deployed and that they are up high. Nice.

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
DSCN2527.JPG

(above) Zebrawood veneered trim panel for rear cabin, rear wall..

DSCN2528.JPG

(above) Interior of rear door drop down table... 1/2" plywood with a hammerer aluminum panel, with cedar trim attached with adhesive and copper nails... The finish will be water and age...

More later...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
Rear Door Storage and Drop Down Tables...

DSCN2532.JPG

(above) Flush fitting interior rear door storage...

DSCN2533.JPG

(above) Stainless steel work surface... Magnets built into door for closure...

DSCN2534.JPG

(above) Weathertight aluminum box bolted to door...

DSCN2535.JPG

(above) The plan is to BBQ out here...

DSCN2536.JPG

(above) All this fits easily...

DSCN2537.JPG

(above) Our existing camp stove fits in here as does all the other stuff... Just in view on the right is the red handle for the outdoor propane line... It feeds back to the propane locker or to the spare tank...

DSCN2538.JPG

(above) Just inside the door, under the seat is the pull-out fridge... The sink is inside the door to the right... The Foxwing Awning covers it all... What's for dinner...???...

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I love your ideas! Thank you for sharing. I had a fold down table like yours in my jeep. Also used webbing straps, till they started melting from the campstove next to it.... be careful!

@MK216v Thanks for stopping by our booth at the NWOR. Was very nice meeting you!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I love your ideas! Thank you for sharing. I had a fold down table like yours in my jeep. Also used webbing straps, till they started melting from the campstove next to it.... be careful!

@MK216v Thanks for stopping by our booth at the NWOR. Was very nice meeting you!

Great meeting you Andreas! MG of www.expovans.com was impressed with your panels. Was great for him to see them in person as Mike/I have been talking them up for awhile now.
-Jeremy

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
The Radio...

For over a year the radio has been silent... It seemed to work, but no sound... Today i took it to Car Toys and the techs there discovered the fuse near the vehicle battery that powered the amplifier was missing...???... Put a fresh 30 in and bingo, we got tunes...!!!... Now I have to figure out how the GPS will discover that I am about 4 miles from where it thinks I am... Any suggestions...???...

PaulJensen

Custom Builder
how do the magnets work on stainless?

There are magnets countersunk into the plywood directly under the stainless, and a receiver magnet built into the casework... It is snappy... Only if the rear door slams, the door drops, not far but not cool... Not sure yet if I want to add another mechanical stop, like a slide bolt...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles