Looking for advice on where to put switches

bobholthaus

Observer
Marty: those Datapro panels are more expensive than the case I bought. I've searched the web for a plastic option that will work, and be a little easier to work with. Any suggestions? I've got my tent wiring complete with the actuators; the lid of the trailer wiring on actuators; having my welders make a custom aluminum lid for my battery box tomorrow, and the. I'm going to mount the Pelican case to the top of that. I think it's all going to work out nicely. I appreciate everyone's input and feedback. Btw, that Amazon switchpanel looks good, and will work perfectly with my Carling switches, but the switches that came with them are junk. They come prewired, and when I tried to pull the wiring off of the spade of the switch, the entire spade pulled out! I took all four switches out and threw them away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Martyinco

Adventurer
Marty: those Datapro panels are more expensive than the case I bought. I've searched the web for a plastic option that will work, and be a little easier to work with. Any suggestions?

Handy with a saw? You could just buy a piece of 1/8" or 1/4" plastic and cut a panel out yourself, Home Depot and Lowes sell plastic pieces in small quantity (at least the ones around here) Plastic cuts pretty easy, at least the HDPE that I used on my trailer.

bobholthaus

Observer
I'm handy with a saw, but would surely like something that is machine cut and perfect and has all of the threaded screw holes already built in. I honestly can't believe there aren't 10 distributors online of something like that; in fact, Datapro is the ONLY provider of panel blanks I saw. Pelican is huge and has been around forever; I'm just a little shocked there aren't more people offering them. I did see some on eBay, but not in the size I need unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bobholthaus

Observer
Okay, so the Pelican and frame came in, and since I don't need it to be watertight per se, cutting a piece of plastic for it shouldn't be a big deal. I'll post pics when I'm finished. It's all coming along nicely.

bobholthaus

Observer
Sorry about the delay. Here is what I ended up doing. It works great. The BluSea battery meter has an OLED screen. It's very slick.
f6b24080f38e23fc9e1656dcb29102ec.jpg

dd711ce4e48cf0c0c264feacb9d936bd.jpg

7c518f5ea206052de1f24df793f7b5ec.jpg

4c1399604dc66fae89c7104772f24b7a.jpg

c4ec7b2e4ea29b65f71dda16517ba2c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bobholthaus

Observer
So the electric actuators from Windy Nation are crap; 3 died within 6-8 months. Any other ideas on better sealed actuators?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles