Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Abitibi

Explorer
Wow, you have all the fun!!! I really love that hard-sided pop-top design, you've got my wheels spinning now on my build... Is that a custom DIY top, or was there some outfit building those back in the day?
It's all 1970 original :) but yes, they had conversion company that were Ford approved and could be ordered as such directly from the dealership. I'm not sure who made this one but I think it's the same ss my other two which was TEC (travel Equipment Company?), they even had their own serial number on their conversions.

I prefer the look of my '69 as it blends in better, more stealth. But the roof sidings is all canvas which wears out faster and isn't as clean looking inside. This one should let a lot more lights and stores easy, very similar as my '65.

Unfortunately I can only drive one at the time ;)

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Abitibi

Explorer
Abitibi what ambo box is that? Do you have a build thread?
You're talking about this one right? (sorry it's an older picture)

acd2202d244ace074c073a4bff5a47bf.jpg

Heres where you can find my build thread...

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/showthread.php?t=103768

Cheers
David

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Yep, that one. Thanks for the build thread link. I look forward to checking it out.

The box looks wider than a regular van but not by much. Sort of like the SMB Classic. Do you know your finished interior width wall-to-wall?

Thank you,
Robert

JBoles

2wd E350 EB Home Build - seating for 5

Here is my rig, I'm the nerd over on the far left. Build page over on sportsmobileforum: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...-family-adventure-van-build-thread-14849.html

IMG_8219.JPG

IMG_8239.JPG

Here is my rear seat, from a 2014 Chevy Tahoe. I had a custom mount fabricated and bolted through the floor. It's a 60/40 seat, folds forward and rotates up to access under the bed.
IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_1773.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

Build is still underway. Permanent full size queen bed. I hate set up and tear down, got to make it easy with two kids.
IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1796.JPG

Lonseal Moonwalk red flooring on 3/4" ply.

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
That's a nice find on that rear bench, does it also folds back a little? I'll have to keep it in mind for my other vans!

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
Yep, that one. Thanks for the build thread link. I look forward to checking it out.

The box looks wider than a regular van but not by much. Sort of like the SMB Classic. Do you know your finished interior width wall-to-wall?

Thank you,
Robert
Inside width with finished interior is 78".

I'm planning to be at both Expo (WA and BC) this June, if you're around come by for a visit :)

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Inside width with finished interior is 78".

I'm planning to be at both Expo (WA and BC) this June, if you're around come by for a visit :)

Thanks for the invite David. I owe my new niece in Oregon a visit. Maybe I can combine trips.

I binge read your thread the other night. Some cool stuff you have going on there. Kudos. I bookmarked a couple ideas; hope you don't mind.

JBoles

That's a nice find on that rear bench, does it also folds back a little? I'll have to keep it in mind for my other vans!

Abitibi,
The seat doesn't fold backward at all unfortunately. I had initially wanted a seat that folds forward, backward, lays flat, etc. but I gave up that pipe dream. This seat folds forward and then rotates up, as it would to allow a person to get into a seat behind it. I did find one seat that does it all but it was from a T4 VW van and only available overseas. I've recently seen someone us a bench seat from a Nissan NV which mounts to track that he installed in the floor of his E-series van. It would be helpful for easy removal but I'm not sure the NV seat folds forward like the Tahoe seat I used and I really needed that function.

Here are few more photos of my set up, I just finished up this barn door table as well.

IMG_5368.JPG

IMG_5369.JPG

IMG_5370.JPG

IMG_5370.JPG

IMG_5372.JPG

IMG_5352.JPG

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5354.JPG

IMG_5361.JPG

justintime8425

2016 Sprinter 4x4, just picked it up 2 weeks ago and slowly starting to build it. First on the list was Cooper ST Maxx 255/85/16 tires. Awning has been ordered, bed is already built inside and slowly but surely it will be ready to hit the trail/road on many great adventures!

IMG_5642.jpg

A couple pics from our camping trip at Robbers Cave State Park in OK.

On Lake Carlton (you can see the top of the dam
289e1f4731e1d2a253218bbdb76f365f.jpg

Fog rising this beautiful morning
0ee2d87683668ed30c0b86e9b3c8b2e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94