Snow Peak Addiction

chrys

Observer
Nice! I will probably do so if they don't get any by the 8th...

This thing looks interesting on the JP site. No page for it yet, just this image...

Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 1.42.49 PM.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
we also have the land lock but the original one :)

had some high winds come in on us one time and it stood up great :) but we had it staked really well !

the one thing we love with kids is the tramezzino
Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_01.jpg

Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_02.jpg

Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_04.jpg

As a testimony that I am truly a SP addict:

SP Land Lock Tent. By far the best tent I have ever owned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jtosbo00

Observer
we also have the land lock but the original one :)

had some high winds come in on us one time and it stood up great :) but we had it staked really well !

the one thing we love with kids is the tramezzino

Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_02.jpg

I've got one of those too! So many things SP makes and does it well.

On the LandLock, I have 2nd generation (I think) and I got lucky purchasing it a year before my shopping spree. The price jumped from ¥129,000 to about ¥179,000. Yikes! It has come back down to ¥159,000 but still.

Last edited:

harbinger808

Adventurer
Just ordered a IGT Bamboo L Extension, 660 legs and Camp Couch from REI. Order says everything delivered to the local store by the 10th so I'll wait patiently.
On a side note... anyone here want to trade any 400 legs for 830 legs?

jtosbo00

Observer
Just ordered a IGT Bamboo L Extension, 660 legs and Camp Couch from REI. Order says everything delivered to the local store by the 10th so I'll wait patiently.
On a side note... anyone here want to trade any 400 legs for 830 legs?

I like versatility of the camp couch. Will be curious to see real world feedback on it!

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I'm thinking it's getting close (if not past due) to have a SP addiction meetup. You've all seen the photos of the group camps that SP does in Japan!

Let's get one going here! Yes, geography and seasons will make it tough, but how cool would it be to have all of us in a spot with all the SP gear we could setup. Swap meet, vendor or two (YDR?, SnowPeak?) and spend all the time oogling over everyone else's setups!

If not a single meetup, maybe a dedicated group camp area at Expo East/West?

harbinger808

Adventurer
chris boyd... sounds like a great idea especially for expowest. the problem i have is all my sp gear wont fit unless i buy a trailer! wait a minute i may be onto something to help convince the wife on that trailer :)

jtosbo00

Observer
Have you seen these in person? I love everything snow peak and understand the premium - curious if the quality is worth $180 though? I'm ready to buy now.

I have seen these in person. I recall that they are pretty thin and lightweight. Thought about buying the set but decided against and bought the more expensive set. Just didn't give me the feeling they will withstand intense heat as that can happen with camping stoves. Granted I have never actually used them. My .02 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94