Lets see some full size pictures...

Burb One

Adventurer
nice rig! who made your rear bumper? I'm looking for one just like it for my superduty

Thanks!!

I did (and my friend who taught me to weld) :)

The bottom section is a 1/4 4x8 beam welded internally making it a ~7 gallon air tank. Dual swing out for the tire side, and the jerrycan/ winching box. Felt like too much time in, but was well worth it... If you want I can post some schematics we made, and the parts list over on my build thread

Perfect, love it
Thanks man I plan to slowly upgraded over the next five to 10 years as my two young Sons grow up a little then take them around too many of the national parks and off roading trails with it should be a great family camping rig I know it's a little big for some of the trails but it'll bring me my family and all our stuff with us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
1990 suburban dana 60 front 14bolt ff rear 37in mc thompson baja claws hi mount cross over steering with hydrolic ram assist.

00c435d843aef8ec90cbccf83534e170.jpg
8dc7355f3825bf937498dd41d2f6ed28.jpg
ebf2a95e9a170fbf5e1191346d41845c.jpg

Best looking Burb I have seen in a while, stout and simple

Wilbah

Adventurer
Ditto this^^^ love the barn door Burb's like this. Gives a whole new meaning to the "back 40" with the seats down. Ha! Can't beat strong when you're adding gear (weight) and miles away from help. Well done!

Ditto this^^^ love the barn door Burb's like this. Gives a whole new meaning to the "back 40" with the seats down. Ha! Can't beat strong when you're adding gear (weight) and miles away from help. Well done!
Thanks a lot I'm still in the early stages but I really appreciate the positive feedback guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Nothing like decals-

SUNP0109_zpsdg72lbfr.jpg

And 5" exhaust tips !

IMG_3479_zps7pe4l4ro.jpg

And CAIs

IMG_3411_zpsahuzztfr.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

RPhil

Adventurer
Hang onto that Excursion. It'll fund your retirement someday.
Nice truck.

Maybe if it was a 7.3, I have the V10. People worship the 7.3, but for my current needs, the V10 is a great powerplant.

However, the body is relatively rust-free. It will eventually be powered by a 6bt. I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon :smiley_drive:

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
New shoes for the Little Blue Truck. 1983 Chevrolet K10 SWB 6.2 Litre Detroit Diesel.

35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains. I thought the Swampers were gonna kill me on the way to the tire shop. Currently, in the garage awaiting suspension upgrades.

E80486E9-8FE2-49B5-83EF-5E6E4F83FA15_zpsjhum53sv.jpg

Last edited:

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Sweet!! And plans for performance upgrades?

Thx! No immediate plans for the drivetrain, other than maintenance. The suspension and steering were hacked together by the PO, and it was horrible to drive, especially with bald and cracked Swampers. So many loose or stripped bolts... Front shocks on the back and backs on the front, all worn out... OE length brake lines stretched tight... Gonna deal with some surface rust and get the interior back up to snuff too.

Down the road, I may swap out the drivetrain for something with a little more oomph. I'm in the process of having a shop built on my new property, so vehicle funds are a bit tight. Even sold my Jeep to offset costs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior