Trucky McTruckface - Overland Adventure Truck

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
Fuel tank

This new custom fuel tank will give the truck a 1000+ mile range! 150 gallon capacity with interior baffles. Thanks to Propower Mfg. in Ontario for working with me on this one.

Attachments

• 17264862_1575485775812497_3752744825497963259_n.jpg
    17264862_1575485775812497_3752744825497963259_n.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 150

Ramdough

Adventurer
This new custom fuel tank will give the truck a 1000+ mile range! 150 gallon capacity with interior baffles. Thanks to Propower Mfg. in Ontario for working with me on this one.

I can't wait to see how that tank fits. I like the quality of work I am seeing.

Please post as many pictures of everything as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
I remember the day my unit picked up our new 1088A1s. They are very nice trucks, and have a lot of potential. Good luck on the build.

D

Deleted member 9101

Sorry to "piss on the party"! However you have no LOWRANGE!!!! PLEASE! Before you get carried away... Go "stick" yourself in mud or dry sand! Then figure it out! LMTV's & FMTV's are fleet vehicles! They were never intended to be "solo" military vehicles!!! Why do you think that they were sold off so quick and so cheap!!!!

Actually, if you are a halfway decent driver (and realoze that you are not in a tiny Jeep) they will go through some pretty nasty crap.

As for selling them off so cheap and quick....if your reasoning was correct, we wouldn't have 99% of the vehicles that currently sit in our motorpools.

Coachgeo

Explorer
Sorry to "piss on the party"! However you have no LOWRANGE!!!! PLEASE! Before you get carried away... Go "stick" yourself in mud or dry sand! ...!!!!
you are ABSOLUTELY INCORRECT. Just because there is no low range lever does not mean there is no low range. The gear ratios in the transmission/Tcase are equal to low range thru mid-High range. Actually if anything..... these trucks have no High Range. That is why they only go about 55mph for the A0 models.

Once you put it into Off-road Mode ..... first gear becomes available and is basically equivilant to a low range's first gear. The next gear it will switch to (2cnd) is also equivalent to a low range gear. The remaining gears available are equivalences of lower range thru mid level high range gears.

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
I can't wait to see how that tank fits. I like the quality of work I am seeing.

Please post as many pictures of everything as you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much appreciated! I'll try to keep up on photos, but the more time i spend on the computer means less time in the shop working.

Coachgeo

Explorer
you are correct ... it is NOT geared with working gears. You did not say anything about working gears previously. As you seem to be saying (correctly) It is simply a Heavy Duty civi truck with gears equivalent to a civi heavy duty 4x4 with a low and high range. It's not a Unimog. It is not an offroad "extreme" duty vehicle. There you are absolutely correct, just that is not what you said earlier.

Hopefully as they get more numerous... someone will start making a selectable locker for them like I hear they have finally done for Rockwell axles used by military in the past that are now used by many custom builders.

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
Finished making and fitting the lower light bar today. This thing is gonna light up the sky! IMG_4770.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4282.jpg
    IMG_4282.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 162

pnwginger

Adventure Truck Builder
Powder coating round 1

After months of anticipation and prioritizing order of operations, finally have a roof rack and light bar powder coated and installed . Wiring circuit to complete. These things are bright as hell! Today I begin welding sub frame brackets after weeks of prep work.

Attachments

• IMG_4923.jpg
    IMG_4923.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 176

guidolyons

Addicted to Gear Oil
Nice work! Funny how a coat of paint can change it from a surplus Army truck to a Expedition-mobile :sombrero:

The Sprinter was nice, I'm looking forward to the box build out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles