LETS SEE YOUR TRAILERS!!!!

eternus

Observer
Still a work in progress....both Jeep and trailer.
View attachment 385807
View attachment 385808

Hey that's my trailer! Well, mine is a few years older than yours... and way more rusty right now, but it's good to see one headed down the overland route. I'm trying to find a way to keep it a utility trailer that can serve double duty as a chaser as well. I'm a bit frustrated by it's 46" interior width and 6' length... hard to stick a sheet of plywood in there without some juggling of things. Did you swap out axles or upgrade the suspension on yours?

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
This is what I'm starting with. I have an aluminum hi/lo shelter I'm picking up next month and will start a build thread. The plan is to make the trailer the living area so it can be parked while the truck does trails.

Hood pickup.jpgIMG_5188.JPGIMG_5187.JPG

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Hey that's my trailer! Well, mine is a few years older than yours... and way more rusty right now, but it's good to see one headed down the overland route. I'm trying to find a way to keep it a utility trailer that can serve double duty as a chaser as well. I'm a bit frustrated by it's 46" interior width and 6' length... hard to stick a sheet of plywood in there without some juggling of things. Did you swap out axles or upgrade the suspension on yours?

No changes to body, axle, suspension, or hubs. I have filled nearly 20 holes and drilled just a couple for the jerry can mounts/license plate. Up next is a rack and I will keep it removable. The idea is to carry the factory 1948 theme and design and limit my modifications. I want to be able to reverse it all to stock if I have to. Thread link is in my sig. Yes, I agree the 46" width sucks. Two more inches and a nice truck toolbox would fit. Oh well.

old_man

Adventurer
20161107_065639_zpsf4px5jai.jpg

This is my own design and scratch built.
20160822_062848_zpsavgpij1i.jpg

Ranger110

Just picked up this David Bradley this morning, was working on converting another trailer, but think this is the one I'll use now..

Attachments

• jeep with David Bradley trailer.jpg
    jeep with David Bradley trailer.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 119

Hoghead

Observer
Great looking trailer. Can you please share specifics about the lid you (had) built and the telescoping rack for the rtf? I'm investigating the same type of set up for my stock M416. Thx!

Sure, not sure how specific you want, but I'll give it a shot. I built both pieces to some extent. With the lid, I built the skeleton and took it to a metal fab shop near me and the bent the metal with a single sheet of steel. They had to order I think a 5x10 sheet of steel to do it in one piece, but I think it was worth it. I THINK it is 14 gauge. the skeleton has a perimeter of 1" square tubes and the ribs are 3/4" sq tube. With the rack, I made sure the guy I ordered my metal from knew I wanted one tube to go inside the other. The hardest part of the rack design is figuring out what to mount it to. I just welded tubing to the front of the frame and then built a bumper to attach the back of the trailer. Rack is lifted via 4 electric actuators, 200 lb, 18" stroke I got off of eBay I think. They were cheaper than a comparable gas strut and I don't really have to worry about getting the weight calculations right on for lifting and lowering. It goes up and down via a switch on the side of the tongue box. Let me know if there is any other information you would like and I'll try answer. I noticed your out of KY, That second picture is actually at Land Between the Lakes.

M101A2

Here is my almost complete M101A2, I am ready to put it to good use this year. I have learned a lot from this site and I wouldn't be where I am with this trailer with out the members sharing their trailers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94