2013 E350 RB with CCV High Top Build thread this is the "Polar Express"

lcavalletti

Observer
After much looking I finally rounded up all my pictures over the past 6 months of my build. I bought the vehicle as a 2wd RB E350 previous owner had installed the CCV high top, added a Agile 2wd RIP kit, aluminess rear bumper and stripped the interior and added a pioneer LCD screen stereo/speakers and new 33" BFG Ko2's . I took the build from there, to what it is today. Photo upload ismin chronological order

First photo is what the polar express looked like when I bought it, I took it on its maiden voyage up to big sur. It wasn't long before I started tinkering.
First project was a flexible 110 watt solar panel and group 27 AGm aux battery with isolator , then my best effort at interior paneling and electrical, after the sofa bed arrived (see my other post about my sofa bed issues) which I ordered too big and it barely fits at 63" wide. I had to redo a panel or two as I put the switchplates right in the way of the sofa bed. My next project is to re-do the port side panel to give me a few more inches for the sofa bed to recline without rubbing the panel.
A trip to Aluminess was next for the front bumper to match the rear, after which Agile Offroad took over and made it into an incredible 4x4 machine with there twin TTB setup. I am extremely pleased with there converson mind blowing actually. first thing I did after the install was a trip to Tahoe in deep snow , the vehicle tracks better than any 4x4 vehicle I have owned. I was right off the bat very impressed. Even on a steep incline in deep snow there was no loss of traction.
Front Sienna Seat mounts finally came from Ujoint and are built beautifully, they were installed next along with the home made galley in the last few pictures which has been my latest addition
Now I need some roof racks, and a bike rack, along with the aluminess ladder , When money allows

******I have the original agile RIPkit for sale it includes front springs and front shocks. Looking for $250 for them for anyone interested. Shocks only have about 5K miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3023.JPG
    IMG_3023.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3069.JPG
    IMG_3069.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3132.JPG
    IMG_3132.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3136.JPG
    IMG_3136.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3575.JPG
    IMG_3575.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3583.JPG
    IMG_3583.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3585.JPG
    IMG_3585.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3586.JPG
    IMG_3586.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3935.JPG
    IMG_3935.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

lcavalletti

Observer
pics of sienna front seat mounts and install

The Galley in the last photo was a result of over 30 trips to Home depot, installed with Arb 50qt on a slide out drawer, dometic sink model 8821 bought off ebay (was not worth it in the end, as i had to buy over $200 bucks worth of fittings to get it to US spec.total cost was almost $600. I'm sure there are better options) The unit is compact and well made. If you want this model just buy it from panther rv as they are importing them and selling the adaptors, The stove combo was installed in my galley with fittings to connect 1 gallon propane bottles as I dont have a propane heater or tank yet installed. That project will have to wait. The sink has a 10 Gallon RV water tank and the drain uses a half inch line that goes out of the bottom of the van. The Sienna front seat mounts with passenger swivel installed ( they are very comfortable and supportive and a pleasure for long trips now) the last shot is the dometic propane stove lit up , little did i know when I bought it that its only 3700 BTU its one of the wimpiest stoves ever, only good for coffee, and hot cocoa maybe I can cook an egg.....sigh

last few shots are the latest trips to Tahoe, and Ocatillo wells. I cant wait for Baja in April, and another snow trip or two before all this great snow is gone.

Attachments

• IMG_3935.JPG
    IMG_3935.JPG
    160.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3939.JPG
    IMG_3939.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3940.JPG
    IMG_3940.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3943.JPG
    IMG_3943.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3944.JPG
    IMG_3944.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4255.JPG
    IMG_4255.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4045.JPG
    IMG_4045.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4168.JPG
    IMG_4168.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4236.JPG
    IMG_4236.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4264.JPG
    IMG_4264.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

lcavalletti

Observer
I see you had Agile do the TTB front end. Are you happy so far with the way it rides and handles ?
The biggest improvement was how the rig now corners and goes on the highway. As a 2wd vehicle even with the rip kit. it had body roll and was loose at highway speeds. I can only imagine how terrible the stock e350 would be. I would have to hold the wheel tight on the freeway . Now I have very little body roll and it tracks so straight that I barely have to hold the wheel and it won't wander. Honestly the conversion gives you a whole new rig and then of course the Offroad performance is stunning. The true test ride I did aside from the snow. Was a trip to the desert where it would cruise over the roughest washboard at 35 mph and it just seemed to float over anything I went over. I even got the a rear wheel off the ground a few times. It was shocking how well it did on the rocks. So I am extremely pleased with the agile conversion Its a whole new rig now and a pleasure to drive both on and off road
The agile conversion only increases the weight of the rig by a few hundred lbs which for me is a great benefit over other conversions. My strategy with this rig is to stay as light weight as possible And keep the ride height manageable as I do more snow driving than rock crawling.

Last edited:

BajaSavana

Nice! I'm building out a 2013 E350, also converted to 4x4 by John, Glen and the guys at Agile. I was wondering how you delt with the powder actuated seat belt tensioner wiring when you did the seat swap.
Cheers,
Dieter

lcavalletti

Observer
Nice! I'm building out a 2013 E350, also converted to 4x4 by John, Glen and the guys at Agile. I was wondering how you delt with the powder actuated seat belt tensioner wiring when you did the seat swap.
Cheers,
Dieter

Hmmm I just swapped the old seat belt receivers from the stock seats and re-plugged in the wires. Am I missing something did I do it right ? Or am I know running with no airbags or a working seat belt tensioner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles