AT Tacoma Habitat: Official Thread

Junior83

Observer
Thank you Martin for sharing!

I can't wait to see the end product, and I think I am 13 or 14 on the current list so I assume I'm in the next batch, otherwise I would've been curious to know which one is mine.

Greg

It's very, VERY close to the top. Everything is stock and the door is 80.5" high. You may be able to tell that I had to remove 1/4" piece of trim.

We measured before purchasing and I was sure that it wouldn't fit. The truck is our only vehicle, so it's pretty incredible to have one vehicle for commuting, grocery shopping, and overlanding that still fits in the garage.

Most parking garages are a no go zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a bunch! .... runs to get tape measure...

Congrats on your setup. Enjoy!

Graton

I'm looking for mine in those photos - can't wait to pick it up. Wondering if I should have added side windows to mine.

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Has there been any built for a 1st Gen Tacoma, specifically the DC?
The Habitat 5' & 6' models fit all generations of Tacoma from 1995 to present. We fit a 6' on a Gen 1 access cab already. You could always be the first Gen 1 DC.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

elcoyote

Has there been any built for a 1st Gen Tacoma, specifically the DC?
2f738a06a10a124ce0ab28402de19605.jpg

I completely forgot about this one! I guess you're going to be #2 for a Gen 1 DC

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
To make tents for the Flip Pac and amortize the design and prototyping over 100 tents I think you'd be looking at around $1200.00 per tent.

I have a new to me flip-pac that needs mesh repair. An upgrade would be nice. What's your timeline Martyn?

Mike

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I have a new to me flip-pac that needs mesh repair. An upgrade would be nice. What's your timeline Martyn?

Mike

Mike, sorry to disappoint you, I was just putting out the hypothetical case of what was involved in designing and making tents. I don't want to get involved in trying to create a market for replacement Flip Pac tents. Bring me 50 paying customers and I'd rethink it. I just don't have the time to do the sales of a replacement tent for a product I don't believe in.

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
Mike, sorry to disappoint you, I was just putting out the hypothetical case of what was involved in designing and making tents. .

Martyn,

I guess my sarcasm didn't come through. I understood the example. Good luck with the habitat, as usual, it's a good looking product from you guys.

Mike

Andrew_v949

Mike, sorry to disappoint you, I was just putting out the hypothetical case of what was involved in designing and making tents. I don't want to get involved in trying to create a market for replacement Flip Pac tents. Bring me 50 paying customers and I'd rethink it. I just don't have the time to do the sales of a replacement tent for a product I don't believe in.

Did you say that your Habitat fits Colorado's? I am toeing the line on getting one for my LB Tacoma...but I think a Diesel Colorado is in my future within the year. Didn't know if I could get one for my taco and then transfer it over

elcoyote

Did you say that your Habitat fits Colorado's? I am toeing the line on getting one for my LB Tacoma...but I think a Diesel Colorado is in my future within the year. Didn't know if I could get one for my taco and then transfer it over
Yes it fits both the Tacoma and Colorado so you would be able to swap it over.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Martyn,

I guess my sarcasm didn't come through. I understood the example. Good luck with the habitat, as usual, it's a good looking product from you guys.

Mike

Lost in translation ��

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier