MG Metalworks Van Build

_hein_

Observer
And so it begins... The Transit has landed. I'll start its own build thread shortly.

Congratulations!

Not even a day old and already being put to use chasing parts...

That's what our Transit is best at. Getting around town is great. -But not so much in snow. I'd really like to drop a Quaife in ours but don' know enough to know if one of theirs will fit. In the mean time, you may as well use the Ecoboost to burn the tires off so you can get some proper rubber.

Abitibi

Explorer
Will be interesting to watch what you come up with this one! I'd doubt you'll swap engine though ;)

Cheers
David

"Another great day ruined by responsibilities"

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Will be interesting to watch what you come up with this one! I'd doubt you'll swap engine though ;)

Cheers
David

"Another great day ruined by responsibilities"

No swap planned but maybe some enhancements... ;-)

I think re-gearing this thing will make it scary fast. It's already ridiculous. It comes on boost so quick and pulls hard.

Lots of fun!

89s rule

Adventurer
Mgmetalworks have you considered swapping the steering wheel in the e-series? Would love to have a f-series wheel with cruise and stereo controls. IMHO it would match the dash well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Mgmetalworks have you considered swapping the steering wheel in the e-series? Would love to have a f-series wheel with cruise and stereo controls. IMHO it would match the dash well.

I've explored the possibility. It would be a good amount of work to make the swap. The mating surfaces are much different and the clock spring doesn't have enough circuits... once it was in, the housing on the column wouldn't match the wheel either. Would probably look funky.

I filed it away as: "could be done but not an ideal swap"

89s rule

Adventurer
I've explored the possibility. It would be a good amount of work to make the swap. The mating surfaces are much different and the clock spring doesn't have enough circuits... once it was in, the housing on the column wouldn't match the wheel either. Would probably look funky.

I filed it away as: "could be done but not an ideal swap"

Thanks, I figured you had at least considered it.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Getting too close to road-worthiness to play around with practice panels.... Today was the real deal.

Point of no return...

Oh bummer... the paint lifted. Oh well, I have new doors to paint too so it will get touched up soon.

Fits like a glove, minimal distortion of the panel (even on a black van, it doesn't look like the dies jacked up anything)

The inner sheetmetal needs a little trimming then I'll bond it in place. I'll be able to put fuel in the van now, woo hoo!

Nice, what's the fuel door you used?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles