Gobi ranger for 2012 LR4

Campndad

Essayons!!
Has anyone had experience with the Gobi ranger rack? Any suggestions on who to purchase them from, wait time, installation, and suggestions on the rack? I think I would like the mesh that goes on the back side above rear glass, since my rear glass in my previous lr3 has been cracked and replaced before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roverpat

Observer
Has anyone had experience with the Gobi ranger rack? Any suggestions on who to purchase them from, wait time, installation, and suggestions on the rack? I think I would like the mesh that goes on the back side above rear glass, since my rear glass in my previous lr3 has been cracked and replaced before.

Look at prospeed out of the UK.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Campndad

Essayons!!
I did even was prepared to order one but without guarantees I could get the. Accessories it was no use for me.

Ray_G

Explorer
What accessories were you looking for from prospeed; if you can get the rack you can get anything else.

Campndad

Essayons!!
The flooring mainly but would have loved the Líght bar. I just never got a good feeling that the manufacture was going to be able to ship everything. The guys at lucky8 got 3 in this fall but I passed when they did not have any accessories at the time. I have resigned to order a rack that will meet the majority of my needs to carry items on the roof with Flooring over the back glass. My Baja was great but had stuff always dropping thru the back bars into the glass when I was not extremely careful.
Here are some Picts of the old lr3 and Baja rack from our trip to Yellowstone this summer.

44bdd38e9082bd788bdfbac95cec3ada.jpg
2b559eb78b6f5b4ab3bdcf14b7466dfa.jpg

Ray_G

Explorer
My experience with prospeed was generally positive dealing direct with them; the rack took time to get but was well worth it. I opted out of the flooring and put chicken coop flooring down instead which is likely far more useful. Can't speak to Gobi mind you, just surprised that you didn't find them communicative about their full product line-I almost got sliders and skid plates just because! With exchange rates what they are, hard to beat since it seems any rack has a wait time.
R-
Ray

Campndad

Essayons!!
My experience with prospeed was generally positive dealing direct with them; the rack took time to get but was well worth it. I opted out of the flooring and put chicken coop flooring down instead which is likely far more useful. Can't speak to Gobi mind you, just surprised that you didn't find them communicative about their full product line-I almost got sliders and skid plates just because! With exchange rates what they are, hard to beat since it seems any rack has a wait time.
R-
Ray

Good point ray. I did not deal with Prospeed directly except to ask a few questions.

harbinger808

Adventurer
I second what RayG has already mentioned. I've had my prospers rack for over a year now and it's great. I initially purchased with full 3 rows of flooring panels to cover the entire top. My 2 year ok son at the time and I would sit up there and it held our weight just fine. I no longer use any of it since I have our RTT mounted full time. I'm purchasing their sliders and front grill light mounting adapters during the summer for some LED Lazer lamps. I've always dealt with Ben directly via email and he's been plenty helpful.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
My Baja was great but had stuff always dropping thru the back bars into the glass when I was not extremely careful.

Get polymax flooring or marine plywood (wisa board?). Easy to cut/trim to size, very strong, UV stable. I specifically floored a baja rack just to protect the roof glass.

Campndad

Essayons!!
I appreciate all the feedback. I would still like to know if anyone has had experience with the gobi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles