Fires, Tires, 'n Bears Eh? Ooh YeyyaahhH!!- Trip Report

LumpyCanuck

Observer
Thanks for reading! And thanks for the compliments. I enjoy it a lot. I have two more big trips to write up here in the near future. Another trip to canada and one to utah.

So more to come!

Great read man!! really like your style of writing...like BS'ing around the fire. When you come back, if you decide to explore the kootenay/nelson area more, DM me. I have lived here for 8 yrs, and we're out every weekend. I can give you the low down on fun routes, trails, lookouts, natural waterslides, camping, jaw dropping waterfalls, natural hot springs, ghost towns, good eats, abandoned mines......you know, the good stuff. hahahahaha

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
One of the best trip reports as always. The photos are awesome, the story is well written and includes much of the the overland spirit and a bit of running wide open keeps us glued to the screen. Thanks again.

Sent from a mountain top using smoke signals and a mirror.

Thanks! I love that description. Kinda what I go for, like sitting around the camp fire. As it should be!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Great read man!! really like your style of writing...like BS'ing around the fire. When you come back, if you decide to explore the kootenay/nelson area more, DM me. I have lived here for 8 yrs, and we're out every weekend. I can give you the low down on fun routes, trails, lookouts, natural waterslides, camping, jaw dropping waterfalls, natural hot springs, ghost towns, good eats, abandoned mines......you know, the good stuff. hahahahaha

Thank you! And ahhh!! Always great to have a contact for that stuff! I hope to return there so may have to message you.

MNCarl

The Moose
Two thumbs up !!
Awesome trip report , great writing and excellent pics of dirty/muddy trucks in the woods.

advwagn

nice write up dood. did wabdr twice last summer on my motorcycle. was fun to see photos, seemed to stop at all the same places. how do you like the MTRs?

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
nice write up dood. did wabdr twice last summer on my motorcycle. was fun to see photos, seemed to stop at all the same places. how do you like the MTRs?

Well there aren't a lot of break in the Washington tree tunnels Id suspect haha

I love them. Amazing Offroad tire.

I don't recomend them to people with dd or weekend warriors though. Other dedicated rigs. They wear odd and don't last super long. But on a dedicated rig they kick ***.

JeepinMt

Observer
Awesome trip! Great read, on your trip to Alberta you should check out the plane crash near Coleman off the Crows nest highway. A friend from Calgary told me its a must and on my bucket list. I don't think my stock 5th gen 4runner would make it tho. Good luck on future adventures!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Awesome trip! Great read, on your trip to Alberta you should check out the plane crash near Coleman off the Crows nest highway. A friend from Calgary told me its a must and on my bucket list. I don't think my stock 5th gen 4runner would make it tho. Good luck on future adventures!

Thank you!

We actually did that trail! (This trip was 2015, Alberta was this last August). It's a super cool and fun trail. Idk if the stock truck would make it. Probably be okay if you had a trail buddy or two to tug you through a couple of the mud holes.

kylevd23

Observer
Awesome write-up as always! I read your story a few years back and was hooked, and finally got back on here recently and saw your truck and was so excited that you had another trip report! It was a great ending to my holiday vacation. Keep up the great work and reporting! Cheers!

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein
Awesome write-up as always! I read your story a few years back and was hooked, and finally got back on here recently and saw your truck and was so excited that you had another trip report! It was a great ending to my holiday vacation. Keep up the great work and reporting! Cheers!

Thanks! Glad you've enjoyed them. I'm about to start another one soon and then another one. Plenty more reporting to come! Haha

Thank you for reading!

MTaco

Adventurer
Great read! I spent my afternoon yesterday reading the whole thing. What an adventure!

One thing about the last ferry crossing you guys did. I noticed an RV on the ferry so I assume it had propane tanks. Wonder why the ferry operators didn't give him any ******T?

Also, I remember Wreckdiver AKA Tom having issues crossing the border at Roosville with his muddy Nissan. Maybe you did your trip before his Canada trip? Now we should all know to wash your truck before coming back into America. LOL.

Thanks for posting this!

java

Expedition Leader
Great read! I spent my afternoon yesterday reading the whole thing. What an adventure!

One thing about the last ferry crossing you guys did. I noticed an RV on the ferry so I assume it had propane tanks. Wonder why the ferry operators didn't give him any ******T?

Also, I remember Wreckdiver AKA Tom having issues crossing the border at Roosville with his muddy Nissan. Maybe you did your trip before his Canada trip? Now we should all know to wash your truck before coming back into America. LOL.

Thanks for posting this!

When I used the BC ferries with propane tanks they just asked to make sure they were closed.

Blackdawg

Dr. Frankenstein

Thanks for posting this!

Thanks for reading!

And I don't think propane is as big an issue. It's the fact it was a preassure tank that wasn't a propane bottle. Threw them off.

This trip was after his first one up there and before his second I believe.

Either way I made sure to stop and wash my truck before crossing again this last time haha

Willard27

I read your report on the iPad, and then just looked at it again on a full size screen - your pictures are amazing! Well done. I was born in Fernie and grew up in Sparwood so I am really looking forward to your Crowsnest Pass / Alberta trip report. Living in Oregon now, but am planning a trip back that way in the 4Runner and can use some new ideas. Thanks for the story and the education on the http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/WABDR - I've crossed the border 50 times at Osoyoos and had no idea there was a border crossing Cawston!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles