Suzuki Owners; Let's see your ExPo Trucks

rpintx1

Observer
Ok, need some help here. Just picked up a mint condition 2003 Chevy Tracker 4x4. 2.0, 5 speed, 84000 original miles. Just went through changing all fluids, coolant, oil, tranny, transfercase, differentials, brake fluid, powersteering, everything. Did belts and hoses too. came with 205/75R15 tires. Want to go to at least 235/75R15 aggressive tires. Been talking with Low Range Off Road for their OME 2.5 inch lift. Skid plates, Curt class 3 hitch on the way etc......... I would like to put a small (6K) winch on the front, but cant find a front winch bumper, anyone have any suggestions? Not that mechanically inclinded and don't have a welder and have never welded before. NEED HELP HERE. Would like some LED lights on it too. Anyone have suggestions?

rpintx1

Observer
I have two young daughters that I want to introduce to trail riding, nothing to serious or rock crawling, just what me and my dad used to do on the weekends and he taught me to 4x4. Plus it'd be fun to let them learn to drive/offroad, and have daddy/daughter bonding time. :):)

rpintx1

Observer
Next question, is the Alter Ego Motorsports manual hub and "front differential fix" worth it? $479 seems a little pricey? Anybody running this?

alfio

Adventurer
Next question, is the Alter Ego Motorsports manual hub and "front differential fix" worth it? $479 seems a little pricey? Anybody running this?

Welcome to Expo - all of these seem like potentially interesting questions/comments but they do not belong in this thread. Feel free to come back when you have some pics of your Tracker in action :smiley_drive:

rpintx1

Observer
Thanks for the input. I'd post a picture or two, but it's just too stock, plain jane and I can't stand the little tires. Love driving it though. When I start to modify it I'll put together a little build thread. It won't be much, just a small lift, tires, maybe sliders and skid plates and a class 3 hitch from Curt (already ordered). Still undecided on a front bumper, but would like to do something and add some driving off road lights or LEDS. I think I'll start another thread for input and suggests. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

Jfamily

Cleaned up Diesel Sidekick

Ok I'll play. Posted a while back but thought to post a clean version of my diesel kick with off road goodies.

Cheers

Sidekick.jpg

Nesquik

Observer
Hey y'all

For people who have had both, how does a lightly modified tracker compare to Heeps off-road?

My girlfriend has a 99 but I'm looking at the previous gen.

It's hard to find unbiased info because the Zuk forums say it's amazing and the Jeep forums say it's no contest and Jeeps are better

I'm debating between a lightly modified Zuk or lightly modified XJ

Thanks

Jeff@QuadShop

Explorer
Wranglers and Cherokees are both much better off road than Trackers. The biggest advantage is the solid front axles of the Jeeps among other things.
A more fair comparison would be to the Jeep Liberty.

Hey y'all

For people who have had both, how does a lightly modified tracker compare to Heeps off-road?

My girlfriend has a 99 but I'm looking at the previous gen.

It's hard to find unbiased info because the Zuk forums say it's amazing and the Jeep forums say it's no contest and Jeeps are better

I'm debating between a lightly modified Zuk or lightly modified XJ

Thanks

What are you looking to do?

The way I see it, in very vague terms:

A Tracker, without going all in on mods and such, will have advantages in fuel economy, in fitting down narrow spaces, and possibly in reliability.

The Jeep will generally have advantages in more aggressive off road situations, storage space, and likely both replacement and aftermarket parts availability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94