Only in Australia

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Here is the full story:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...d/news-story/97803111532d90a911aa636ea1554bac

0ed15813ec43ad801a0fa7713f2c31dc

He also destroyed the solar power system that powered the remote island:

08fc25531d2f32d99d6410efade4dc50

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Steve...... The coachwork on that model (and all for the last ten years or so) has been built with an internal Roll Over Protective System (ROPS) to meet ADR 59. It would take a lot more than flipping one over with a forklift to damage the body. I saw a ATW bus similar to this that had rolled over at 80kph and there was virtually no frame damage..... Before you ask, it was driver error . He was data logged doing that speed through a section that everyone else goes through at 40kph so I do t know what he was thinking.
Also note in the picture above that the bus frame is at a height that acts as a roll bar to protect the occupants of the FUSO cab.... That's also part of that particular ADR requirement.

Last edited:
Glad i bought one of these- just in case i run into a mad forklift driver!!! Or actualy roll it. Like the protection it gives the cab as never thought of that- now if only they made a BIG container i would be totally content

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Steve...... Th coach work on that model (and all for the last ten years or so) has been built with internal Roll Over Protective System (ROPS) to meet ADR 59. It would take a lot more than flipping one over with a forklift to damage the body. I saw a ATW bus similar to this that had rolled over at 80kph and there was virtually no frame damage..... Before you ask, it was driver error . He was data logged doing that speed through a section that everyone else goes through at 40kph so I do t know what he was thinking.

Also note in the picture above that the bus frame is at a height that acts as a roll bar to protect the occupants of the FUSO cab.... That's also part of that ADR requirement.

Thanks John, interesting details.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Not quite as determined and effective as this guy who actually welded himself inside the bulldozer he armored so that no one could get close enough to him to kill him.

https://vimeo.com/41017493

He armored the bulldozer by welding two layers of steel around it and pouring the space in between with concrete. He was eventually stopped when the bulldozer fell into the basement of a building and couldn't get out. He shot himself.

Last edited:

steve4wdaus

4WDaus "tralia"
Wow,that is impressive
Not quite as determined and effective as this guy who actually welded himself inside the bulldozer he armored so that no one could get close enough to him to kill him.

https://vimeo.com/41017493

He armored the bulldozer by welding two layers of steel around it and pouring the space in between with concrete. He was eventually stopped when the bulldozer fell into the basement of a building and couldn't get out. He shot himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles