Gordigear RTT Adventure

jorgito

Hello,

sorry for getting back so late - here is the update and report.

We had spend three months traveling from Vladivostok to Magadan and then to Prague via Mongolia. We were four - two adults and two kids aged 7 and 10 years. Regarding the RTT I have to say that after all we experienced in our travels I am amazed how well it is made. We had initial issues with the zippers as they were too tight and not easy to zip. We were provided additional zippers from Gordigear US dealer, what I did was to saw the zipper lower in the RTT cover to have more room. We had found shoe repair shop in Vladivostok who did this for 1000 rubles and we were fine.

The tent is solid and high quality, I was little bit pessimistic in the beginning but looking back I would buy that tent again. We went threw some crazy conditions in Russia and Mongolia, the temperatures on the trip were ranging from -10 Celsia to +35 Celsia. The tent was comfortable for all four of us, when we stayed for longer we made the annex.

I would recommend this tent to everybody here. Thanks Gordigear !!

Jorge

jorgito

The tent even survived really bad storm in mountains of Mongolia, the winds were strong. Wife was worried as whole car was shaking side to side but the tent to my surprise was just strong enough.

Thanks for the update! Might think about editing the OP and changing the title thread since we went from a nightmare to more of a hiccup. I'm in the market for an RTT for our upcoming Moab trip and this thread makes me want to give @gordigear a look from their responses.

dcg141

Adventurer
My wife and I rode out a nasty southern rain storm in June with our Gordigear. It just would not stop. Stayed dry and comfortable all weekend. Well at least the time we spent inside the tent. The annex was a huge plus in the rain also. Was able to keep gear dry and change cloths in the dry wo having to get into the sleeping area. You know you plan for such events but when it happens for real and its bad, thats when you find out out if gear works. Being able to not worry about the tent and having a dry place to go made an otherwise bad weekend a really good one. Everything was soaked when we packed up in the rain but the next week I got the tent out and all the interior was still dry and the rest of the tent dried out quick. I can't comment on any other RTT's because the first one I ever saw for real was the one I bought. All I can say is ours works as advertised and its been impressive when it needed to be the most.

Johnballoon

Hi! First post on this forum for me. This thread not only made me register on the forum, but it also made me order a Gordigear rtt. I went for the Explorer Plus 140cm, and I'm looking forward to it!
If your customer service in northern Europe is anywhere near as good this, I'm in for a treat!

Gordigear, I'm impressed! You earned my money!

Jcadventure

Explorer Plus

based on the excellent customer service results on this board. I just ordered mine. Explorer plus with the annex. I have to say I really enjoyed watching that big Aussie with the cool hat so excited about his tents.

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
I also picked a Gordigear tent based on how Helmut handled this - we went and picked ours up the other weekend from the Australian office.

It was great to see the range, touch and feel things, and to meet Helmut (who was not what/who I was expecting.... mainly by about 20 years!) and see how enthusiastic he is about getting out there and using things to improve them... His old Troopy does look tired (it has an unknown number of KM's as the odometer stopped some time ago!) but he is busy getting his new HiLux ute ready for another trip.

And because things are worthless with out pictures, here's some pictures for you all:

15094357_10154601036975856_4196617185125214861_n.jpg

15241911_10154617918115856_1567435359479187826_n.jpg

15230673_10154617918100856_8155513053542269533_n.jpg

15192798_10154617917880856_3596878624209112457_n.jpg

15178242_10154620140195856_2559744497006356989_n.jpg

15253660_10154620140215856_4403872038602346414_n.jpg

15220072_10154620140180856_8494697725409677109_n.jpg

First trip away tomorrow night!

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Gordigear Rocks!

Somebody change the title of this thread already. It's encouraging to see a company taking care of business like this and addressing customer concern.

Johnballoon

Dammit. I just wrote a long post (for being on the phone) and tried to submit photo-links but the forum wouldn't let me post pictures and my post vanished. :/

Short version; I've received the tent after a little messy delivery (not Gordigear's fault) and I'm really satisfied with how it feels! Only tried it out on the parking lot so far, looking forward to the first trip but now the winter definitely is here (-19c today) sooo that first trip might have to wait a little while.
I do have some questions for Gordigear about the packaging from the factory, but I'll email them eventually instead.

I'm curious about the annex too, but I'm concerned with how I would store it during travels. Does it come with a suitable bag of some kind?

Can I post pictures in some other way perhaps?

Xsanchito

Hello,

I have chosen the Gordigear tent based on all the good reviews. I purchased the Gordigear explorer plus tent with explorer plux annex and gumtree awning. The biggest issue with the tent are the zippers. The zipper connecting the cover to the tent broke after having the tent packed for the third time and now it is not possible to zip it anymore. The zippers are not YKK anymore and they are SBS which to my opinion are lower quality. The zippers don't match and you need to put a lot of stress on the zipper to move. This is not only for the tent to cover zipper but also tent to annex zipper. It was really hard to zip the annex and took real hard effort.

The bad thing is that the zipper "base" is on the tent itself so if the zipper brakes you need whole new tent which is not great design.

Now one day before shipping the car to Russia I have tent with broken zipper which is not great. I would not recommend this tent to anybody.

Jorge
Hi,

I am the guy who created this thread and I would really like to change the thread description but unfortunately I have lost my account. I will be contacting expedition portal admins to change the description of the thread.

Jorge

dcg141

Adventurer
Dammit. I just wrote a long post (for being on the phone) and tried to submit photo-links but the forum wouldn't let me post pictures and my post vanished. :/

Short version; I've received the tent after a little messy delivery (not Gordigear's fault) and I'm really satisfied with how it feels! Only tried it out on the parking lot so far, looking forward to the first trip but now the winter definitely is here (-19c today) sooo that first trip might have to wait a little while.
I do have some questions for Gordigear about the packaging from the factory, but I'll email them eventually instead.

I'm curious about the annex too, but I'm concerned with how I would store it during travels. Does it come with a suitable bag of some kind?

Can I post pictures in some other way perhaps?
It comes with a bag for storage

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Hi,

I am the guy who created this thread and I would really like to change the thread description but unfortunately I have lost my account. I will be contacting expedition portal admins to change the description of the thread.

Jorge

That would be admirable.

Xsanchito

Thanks for the admins who changed the thread name. Again, I would recommend the gordigear, their customer support is very good and the product is solid.

shedlock2000

Observer
This thread rocks! I was up and down between the Tepui and the Gordigear -- the big guy and his Akubra get my money!

Incoming email, HEI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles