Quadvan High Top Build

12xplore

Observer
I get about 13 on the highway driving 65-70. I could probably push 400 for the range but generally fill after around 300. It actually has the 4.6L. Seems it would be underpowered but I can pull any pass at 70+. I have the 5Star tuner on it and plan to get headers and improve the exhaust next but really it's fine to drive as is. I would have preferred a different engine but I bought it in 2014 and there was nothing new available at a dealership anywhere in the country so found the best low mileage extended I could find. I don't plan to tow anything so this works.

I have a 4" lift with 285/70/17s. I have a solar panel on the roof and it sits right at 9'8" high. I look for 10' clearance signs just to be safe!

Yes, the shift lever is on the floor to the right of the drivers seat but Quadvan made the lever removable, it just unscrews, so no problem with the swivel seat.

Jsweezy

Explorer
It's funny how everyone is commenting on the interior. Everything looks great but that interior is definitely beautiful and make that van look luxurious.

I call first dibs if his buddy wants to do another...

12xplore

Observer
Just a quick update and a few new photos after having some work done. Added an Aluminess front bumper and Webasto heater. Quadvan did the work and took care of a few other items. Again, very nice job from John and his crew.
I left a marine through hull fitting for them to use for the Webasto exhaust. Protects it and makes for a clean finished look.
.Throughhull.jpg
Bumper2.jpg
Bumper1.jpg
The Aluminess front bumper... there are many like it but this one is mine...

12xplore

Observer
A few questions were asked about the 4wd shift lever being in the way of the drivers swivel seat. Here's how Quadvan modifies the lever to allow for that.

Shifter.jpg
Swivel.jpg

12xplore

Observer
A few interior shots... here's the rear cargo area. Plenty of room for everything I want to bring...
Storage1.jpg

I didn't want to dedicate too much space for a bathroom I would rarely use, however I felt it was important to have because females prefer privacy and to not have to step outside at night, especially when it's cold! I opted to hinge bifold doors in such a way that it serves as a closet most of the time but can expand to provide standing or sitting room as needed. The doors also allow me to block the bed area for privacy and to help retain heat in that area as the webasto duct is there.

Doors closed -
CClosed.jpg

As a closet -
COpened.jpg

Doors expanded and closed as a bathroom -
CExpand.jpg

Left door opened to serve as partition with right door enclosing the closet -
CPart.jpg

Both doors fully open. I will have a rod that connects to the ends of the doors from which I can attach a shower curtain. There is a vent in the floor that will be used as a drain so will be able to take private, indoor showers.
CBOpen.jpg

12xplore

Observer
This is such a great build. The paint is very similar to what I want to do, but mine will be flat.

Thanks. I was initially planning to go with flat as well but after talking to the paint guy I opted for a standard finish. Flat doesn't really allow you to buff out any blemishes or pin striping and I wanted to be able to clean it up for date nights :)

12xplore

Observer
I have a small counter and was only planning on a sink in this space but found a tiny sink stove combo available in the UK so installed it. Fit perfectly...
Sink1.jpg
Sink2.jpg

Bob599

Observer
Wow Looks great! Would you tell me what color that is? I live in WI, so if I use it we probably wont bump into each other!

Thanks,

12xplore

Observer
Wow Looks great! Would you tell me what color that is? I live in WI, so if I use it we probably wont bump into each other!

Thanks,
Thanks. It's actually an old GM color called dark lichen green. Agreed, not likely to run into each other but would be cool if we did sometime...what are the odds?
Which vehicle are you considering using it on?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

12xplore

Observer
Now that I'm thinking about it I believe the color ingredients called for something metallic but I had the shop leave that out. Something to ask your shop about.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles