Project Velcro Sneakers: A Sportsmobile/MG Metalworks/UJOR build

dazdconfsd

Observer
Google doesn't make photo hosting easy these days from what I understand. When going to the image urls directly they don't work, so I assume it's a possible permissions problem. It's usually recommended to use a image hosting service that makes this sort of thing easy such as photobucket or imgur.

Ranchero

Wanderer
Pulled the tank to shorten and tranny to replace output shaft and tail housing. Rebuilding the 4r75E this weekend. Will order driveshafts tomorrow. Coming along...
Here's why you have to pull the tranny on a 4r70/4r75: One on the left is the 2wd output shaft. It is the very first thing installed in the tranny. So remove it and replace with the one on the right. Full rebuild. I was a little intimidated to rebuild an automatic transmission, but it wasn't particularly difficult. Just required attention to detail.

This guy is a prime example of why the internet rocks. 4r75 detailed full rebuild on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WZE_z9bKQ&list=PLrB30XiGbZwMJcTuBER5QEwC3lH0oJCet. I would love to sit down and buy him a beer. So thankful that people provide public goods like that.

31151299586_6398a5c3a5_k.jpg

30365946914_60ef24d336_z.jpg

30365957224_ab3a941ad5_k.jpg

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Pics or it didn't happen! ;) (no pics via IE browser, just London Underground symbols)

Ranchero

Wanderer
Velcro sneakers made its first voyage down to the alignment shop on Friday. Got it back Monday. Drove it a few miles today. Still needs exhaust, but it feels good! Can someone let me know if the pics in post 37 on this page are showing? I just opened a Flickr account. If it works I'll redo all the posts with new photo links. Thanks!

Ranchero

Wanderer
Ha! Too funny! I reconized your driveway. I drive by your house a few times a week and have been watching your 4x4 conversion progress.
Did you take a break and go to the opening of HubBub brewery? Probably saw you there and didn't know it.
I was at Hubub! Great new beer option! Stop by and say hey. I think I've seen your Sprinter in Salida a few times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles