InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Cole

Expedition Leader
My custom painted wheels.

30268000605_8d22c9da29_z_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
Burly Cole!
Can you enlighten us on the merits on your thoughts about either chassis?

I've just started the build on the 08. So barely have any driving time in it.

Here are the *first impressions*

The NCV3 is a more refined chassis. It's quieter, smoother running, more car like drive. But....the longer wider wheelbase is less manuverable, harder to park.

Both my vans are *tuned* and the T1N hits harder and **feels** more powerful. In reality I think the NCV3 actually is more powerful. Fuel mileage is in favor of the T1N, I'll post real world numbers after some more driving.

The T1N is definitely a simpler platform to work on with fewer nannies and less costly emissions garbage to maintain(my dpf is clogged on the NCV3)

The interior is slightly taller in the NCV3 and the slider door is far larger (but dual sliders on my T1N is FAR more useful).

The NCV3 is growing on me but I much prefer my T1N at this point.

Cole

Expedition Leader
.....the NCV3 really doesn't appreciate being drifted :sombrero: The computer has shut me down a few times

Cole

Expedition Leader
Those wheels and tires look awesome! I can't wait to see more of this van. Really good start.

Those tires look killer on the NCV3!!

Thanks guys:wings:

I was torn on the color matched paint, even while I was painting it. Wanted to bring out the deep dish look and add a custom wheel look to the van. Unfortunately, unless you buy Alcoas there is simply no custom wheel option. available for a dually. Even with the alcoa wheels you lose the ability to rotate all 6/7 wheels.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
A 3500(dually) 144" or 170"(non-extended) is 7,500lbs.

The single rear wheel 2500 144", 170" and 3500 170" extended is 5,000lbs

Seems weird since the only difference between the two versions of the vans is the axle ratio and the two extra wheels?!?

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Thanks guys:wings:

I was torn on the color matched paint, even while I was painting it. Wanted to bring out the deep dish look and add a custom wheel look to the van. Unfortunately, unless you buy Alcoas there is simply no custom wheel option. available for a dually. Even with the alcoa wheels you lose the ability to rotate all 6/7 wheels.

What width of rims are those? 5-1/2 or 6-1/2 ? Are the tires 235/85-16's ?

I like the look of the newer dually rims better with just the round holes instead of with the longer oblong holes on the earlier ones - although with your two tone black/yellow paint scheme the difference it negligible...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
Seems weird since the only difference between the two versions of the vans is the axle ratio and the two extra wheels?!?

I know! Right!?

ALL of the T1N vans 118"-140"-158", dually, single, tall, short are 5k lbs tow rating:Wow1: (so a short low roof 2500 is rated to tow the same as my long dually)

What width of rims are those? 5-1/2 or 6-1/2 ? Are the tires 235/85-16's ?

I like the look of the newer dually rims better with just the round holes instead of with the longer oblong holes on the earlier ones - although with your two tone black/yellow paint scheme the difference it negligible...

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I'll have to double check the width. Tires are 235/85/16 on both vans.

I kinda dig the old school "Cragar mag" wheel look with the deep dish.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I've just started the build on the 08. So barely have any driving time in it.

Here are the *first impressions*

The NCV3 is a more refined chassis. It's quieter, smoother running, more car like drive. But....the longer wider wheelbase is less manuverable, harder to park.

Both my vans are *tuned* and the T1N hits harder and **feels** more powerful. In reality I think the NCV3 actually is more powerful. Fuel mileage is in favor of the T1N, I'll post real world numbers after some more driving.

The T1N is definitely a simpler platform to work on with fewer nannies and less costly emissions garbage to maintain(my dpf is clogged on the NCV3)

The interior is slightly taller in the NCV3 and the slider door is far larger (but dual sliders on my T1N is FAR more useful).

The NCV3 is growing on me but I much prefer my T1N at this point.

Thanks much for your feedback Cole.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Not sure what I want to do with the red van yet.

300K miles but TONS of recent maintenance and really needs nothing.

Not sure if I want to keep it for a crazy project or sell it.

Anyone have input on what I should ask for it?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
I would say 5-8k for the van plus the conversion. So 13-24k? Definitely tough to price out.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I would say 5-8k for the van plus the conversion. So 13-24k? Definitely tough to price out.

Yeah. That is the problem I've had. The van itself is a rare bird with dual sliders and lots of factory options. (Heated seats, cruise, 7 day timer and espar) Then of course there is all the add ons (lift, tune, conversion,). But also sorta higher miles, dings, etc)

Based on what I've seen other converted vans asking I was thinking of starting around $22k but would entertain reasonable offers.

Cole

Expedition Leader
FWIW, Just thought I would kinda close out this thread. I sold this van a few weeks ago.

I have a 2008 That I've started to build out but I've been too busy building vans for other people now to do much work on my own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles