New additions to my GEN3!

cnutco

Adventurer
How did you remove the upper glove box, did you drill out the lock? this seems to be a problem on Gen IIIs.

Javy

I took it to the dealer, but yes, they drilled the lock out and replaced the entire "door".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marty1977

Adventurer
Must say nice vehicle you have there. I just got GENIII and have a quick question for you, How you like OME HD suspension. Im looking to upgrade and primary do exploring and soft off road not much big rocky trails and i cant decide between MD and HD set up but for sure i want more ground clearance. Hows your vehicle now driving it on normal roads? Im afraid if I go HD it might ride to harsh on normal roads.

cnutco

Adventurer
Must say nice vehicle you have there. I just got GENIII and have a quick question for you, How you like OME HD suspension. Im looking to upgrade and primary do exploring and soft off road not much big rocky trails and i cant decide between MD and HD set up but for sure i want more ground clearance. Hows your vehicle now driving it on normal roads? Im afraid if I go HD it might ride to harsh on normal roads.

The HDs are not a soft ride, but they do seem to help the handling in turns on normal roads.

I would buy them again if I had the opportunity.

Djbenny

Adventurer
How did you remove the upper glove box, did you drill out the lock? this seems to be a problem on Gen IIIs.

Javy

My glove wouldn't open once. It was working fine then it just seemed as if it was locked but no sign of a lock like the other. Looked on some forums and then drilled a hole same size as other and sure enough a keyhole was right underneath. Just drill the plastic covering it, so you can save the lock. Then just paint it black so it matches the other lock, i used black model paint.

Djbenny

Adventurer
Any update on your light bar set up? I just ordered on for my Monty.

cnutco

Adventurer
Any update on your light bar set up? I just ordered on for my Monty.

No Sir. I have been servicing the engine, a new y-pipe with new cats to finally get rid of my engine codes.

Djbenny

Adventurer
No Sir. I have been servicing the engine, a new y-pipe with new cats to finally get rid of my engine codes.

Oh yeah? What codes? Mine comes on every now and then for Catalytic efficiency below threshold I believe it is. I had my 02 sensors checked out and they are fine. So I will be dealing with that soon too.

cnutco

Adventurer
Oh yeah? What codes? Mine comes on every now and then for Catalytic efficiency below threshold I believe it is. I had my 02 sensors checked out and they are fine. So I will be dealing with that soon too.

Can't remember the codes but it had to do with the O2 and catalytic converter.

I had replaced all the O2 sensors before. No

I had a complete tune up, rear cam seal, new vacuum lines, new catalytic converter y pipe, and one O2 sensor replaced.

No more SES light!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles