Post Pics of Your Hard Side Camper!

deminimis

Explorer
Beer:30 and getting ready for some kiteboarding the following morning at Floras Lake:

20160713_210701.jpg

hayduke

Observer
JS, Yep love the hardside and the northern lite is insulated really well. we spend most of our time in the fall and winter hunting and skiing, the taco and northern lite might be too snug for the 4 of you though....
Also powderproject that is the rig that I am hoping for one day, how is the megacab and camper? I was kinda leaning twards a 4door 8ft bed.... is it an auto? sweet truck...

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
View attachment 353842

Just picked up a 2012 N Lite 8'11". So far so good!!
It's on a 2008 Mega Cab 3500 6.7L
17mpg which is blowing my mind

I'm just in the process of ordering a Northern Lite 9-6. I'll be very interested to see what my mileage does with the NL. I'm getting 11-12 mpg with the Adventurer. The NL is slightly smaller in all dimensions, but much slipperier in the air. It should also come in at least 500 lbs lighter as I have spec'd it.

image.jpg2_zpsg6fn22zv.jpg

bugeyetex

Observer
About time

We have successfully captured a Bigfoot!!! This is on its maiden, and only voyage so far, from Chicago back to Texas. The funny part is that it already had a couple Texas bumper stickers on it! :smiley_drive: We think it previously belonged to a couple of snow birds.

IMG_2626.jpg

Its a 2000 Bigfoot Columbia River 20 C8.10 with the rooftop AC, but no generator. I think there may be some solar in the future. The truck is going to be replaced soon with one that has more people room and 4 wheel drive. Now I'm off to make a little to do list starting with the exterior fridge access door which blew off on the trip back.:oops: Anyone know where I can pick one of those up? It's the top one of the three that are in this picture.

bugeyetex

Observer
Thanks

Thanks hobiekaw, I got the door today and test fit already. IT FITS!!! :wings: The surround came with it and will be replaced since its all yellow in comparison to the shiny white door. Thanks again.

ALSO- got a 'new' truck to step up the adventures-

00I0I_jmWGnLPGhpP_600x450.jpg

not a huge fan of the rims, but ill wait till it needs tires to worry about that. This sucker sure is big though. Going to get it outfitted with tiedowns for the camper and everything else soon. It may see some bags in the future and a new rear swaybar. We will see after a good test run.

I'll post up a pick or 2 when i get the camper on it.

bugeyetex

Observer
Congrats on the new truck Tex. Good to see its a 7.3!

Couldn't bring myself to trust a 6.0, I don't want to have to pull the cab to do anything since I do all my own work, so the 6.4 was out and the 6.7s are too new for my budget. I also think that emission controlled diesels are a waste of space. Diesel motors get all corked up with all that crap. Look at Volkswagen. The new programming that they have implemented to tighten up the emissions have dropped efficiency (fuel mileage) by 20+% on most models.

ANYWAYS, before I get too far off topic, thanks for all the help and I'm now looking into those Timbrens. It's a solid idea (no pun intended) and I really like the simplicity of the system.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I also think that emission controlled diesels are a waste of space. Diesel motors get all corked up with all that crap. Look at Volkswagen. The new programming that they have implemented to tighten up the emissions have dropped efficiency (fuel mileage) by 20+% on most models.

ANYWAYS, before I get too far off topic, thanks for all the help and I'm now looking into those Timbrens. It's a solid idea (no pun intended) and I really like the simplicity of the system.

The VW thing makes me laugh. They probably got 20% cleaner with the new tune, at the cost of consuming 20% more fuel to do it. Net gain for the environment? ZERO. Net gain for "big oil"? Sales to TDI owners up 20%. Net loss for John Q Public? 20% added to their fuel bill.

I am driving a 2014 Ram 3500 Cummins these days (came from a '98 12 valve). Fuel economy is about the same. I have to say, as much as I hate the EGR etc, that the system on my truck has been no issue. I can get almost 20 mpg out of a modified 8500 lb truck if I drive it smooth and steady at 65. That's great in my opinion. With my camper on, I only get 11-12, but it is close to 4000 pounds wet, and has a high cabover. I just factory ordered a Northern Lite 9-6 Classic which I'm hoping saves me 5-600 lbs, and maybe gains a couple of mpgs through better aerodynamics.

I'm running Airlift bags and Torklift "Stable Loads". I like both products, but haven't tried Timbrens yet. Maybe some day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94