JK expedition springs

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Is anyone aware of a company that makes springs, in the 3"-4" range, that caters to the heavy expedition loads? I know OME/ARB does but they're too low. Everything else out there really caters to weekend roamers and not somebody that has a full load for several months. Thanks in advance.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

JKUR

I run OME 2619 front and 2618 rear. I got 3 1/4" in front and 3" in rear. I may change to 2620 rear in the future since my Jeep has got heavier with the Gobi and RTT.

Here's mine on a recent 3 day trip. I'm running 315/70R17

Yuke

Adventurer
Following.

Not happy with my teraflex springs they sag like crazy. They do have a newer outback spring that is geared towards over landing. In the end I think I am going to upgrade to those and add airbags

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I run OME 2619 front and 2618 rear. I got 3 1/4" in front and 3" in rear. I may change to 2620 rear in the future since my Jeep has got heavier with the Gobi and RTT.

Here's mine on a recent 3 day trip. I'm running 315/70R17

3-1/4" up front is good but 3" in the rear is too short.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Following.

Not happy with my teraflex springs they sag like crazy. They do have a newer outback spring that is geared towards over landing. In the end I think I am going to upgrade to those and add airbags

Airbag may be an idea but aren't there bump stops inside the springs in the rear?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

JKUR

3-1/4" up front is good but 3" in the rear is too short.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

The rear of mine was higher than the front in stock form and with these springs the rear is taller than the front when empty. You could always use spacers to get the height you want. Also OME makes a 4" kit but I've heard it nets about 5" overall which is getting pretty tall. AEV makes some taller lifts as well that may work for you. Good luck in your search.

ry3w

Look into some Airlift 1000 air springs had them in my Ram they were great not sure how they work with a lift

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

slvyj

Observer
My understanding is you are looking for progressive rate springs, which can handle a heavy load. My research, those are made by OME, AEV, Synergy and Metelcloak.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Following.

I ditched my Teraflex 2.5 springs a couple of years ago and went with the OMEs. Their Outback springs weren't available yet.

Have you considered going the route of contacting a spring manufacturer directly? If you need something that one of the "kit" manufacturers don't offer, why not call Eibach or similar and give them the coil diameter, length, spring rate, etc that you need for your application.

Lucky j

Explorer
I was running MetalC progressive on my LJ front and back. Front is still good, but back sa sag in less then a year with my expedition load and the progressive side of them made the jeep ride low most of he time. Now triyng Rubicon express in the back, and so far, best conbination. Even better than when MC were new.

A yeah, I run 3,5"

harv3589

Adventurer
I'm installing the Teraflex Outback kit tomorrow on my jeep in hopes to handle the weight of my overland trailer better...the Rock Krawler Kit I have doesn't do the greatest job with it.

ventura911

Adventurer
I've been very satisfied running Old Man Emu springs (2619's front, 2620's rear) in combination with JKS ACOS adjustable spacers.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
I'm installing the Teraflex Outback kit tomorrow on my jeep in hopes to handle the weight of my overland trailer better...the Rock Krawler Kit I have doesn't do the greatest job with it.

Please post on here when you're done and if it made a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles